CEED Syllabus Pdf download link is available here. Candidates who are preparing for Common Entrance Examination for Design can download the syllabus through online. Get CEED 2020 Syllabus along with exam pattern. Also, check the topics that are covered in Part A & Part B Syllabus for CEED.
CEED Syllabus 2020
Are you looking for CEED 2020 Syllabus? Syllabus plays an important role at the time of preparation for the exam. The syllabus informs about the topics from which the questions that appear while attempting the paper. Before starting your preparation, candidates have to check CEED Syllabus 2020, then it will be easy to crack the exam. So, download syllabus through the direct link attached here.
Syllabus for CEED 2020 – ceed.iitb.ac.in
|CEED Exam 2020|
|Name of the Conducting Body||IIT Bombay|
|Exam Name||Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Exam date||19th January 2020|
CEED Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2020
CEED Exam 2020 is held for the aspirants to provide the admissions into Master in Design (M.Des) and Ph.D. Design courses offered by IITs as well as IISc Banglore. Through the exam, candidates are evaluated on many criteria. Candidates are expected to possess good analytical skills, good drawing skills as well as ability to possess an ability to communicate through drawing/sketching. CEED Exam Syllabus & Pattern is designed such that it tests the visualization skills, individual’s mental ability, logical reasoning skills of the candidates. Candidates have to focus mainly on the following aspects.
CEED Exam Pattern 2020
- The question paper consists of two parts – Part A & B.
- CEED Exam paper is provided in the English language.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Part A: It is the computer base (online) test.
- The duration of the exam is one hour.
- Part A will have Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), Numerical Aptitude Test (NAT), Multiple Selection questions (MSQs).
- Candidates who will qualify Part A are only eligible for the next section.
- Part B: It is of pen and paper based exam.
- The marks in Part B are only to calculate the merit list.
- Part B consists of questions on design and hand drawing.
- The time allotted for this section is two hours.
Note: CEED Exam Pattern may vary from year to year.
CEED Syllabus Pdf Download @ www.ceed.iitb.ac.in
CEED 2020 Syllabus will be two parts – Part A & B. The topics covered in the syllabus are as follows.
CEED Exam Syllabus Pdf – Part A
- Visualization and Spatial Ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D Objects and their spatial relationships.
- Environmental and Social Awareness: General Awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, and their implications on the design of the products, images, infrastructure, and environment. Awareness of Design terminologies, social and cultural connection with the design, history of designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture & literature.
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning: Ability to analyze the given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments, or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Language and Creativity: Ability to understand the passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and Problem-Solving: Ability to understand the context, the users, and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
- Observation and Design Sensitivity: Ability to detect the concealed properties in day to day and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
CEED Syllabus 2020 – Part B
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, quality, perspective, and shading.
- Creativity: Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving skills: Ability to understand the user, and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots & stories, etc.
CEED Syllabus Study Material
CEED is an Aptitude Test. There is no specific text book or guide for the exam preparation. Candidates have to practice their drawing, rendering & visualization skills. Based on the analysis of previous year question papers, the syllabus is as provided below.
- Colour Theory
- Communication Skills
- Design Concept
- Creative Writing Skills
- Drawing abilities and skills
- How to develop characters
- Light and Shadow
- Logo Designing
- Logical Reasoning
- Problem Identification and Design Problem Solving
- Product Designing
- Scale and Proportion
We have covered CEED 2020 Syllabus only for the reference purpose of the candidates. Our team will also update here the further details of the exam as soon as possible. So, we suggest the candidates keep in touch with our site entranceexams.io for more updates on Entrance Exams.