- 1 CEED 2018 Overview
- 1.1 IIT CEED 2018 Courses Offered
- 1.2 CEED/UCEED Notification 2018
- 1.3 CEED 2018 Eligibility
- 1.4 IIT CEED 2018 Application Form
- 1.5 UCEED Exam Dates 2018 – ceed.iitb.ac.in (Announced)
- 1.6 CEED 2018 Exam Centers
- 1.7 IIT CEED Syllabus 2018
- 1.8 CEED 2018 Exam Pattern
- 1.9 UCEED Question Papers Download
- 1.10 CEED Preparation Tips
- 1.11 Download CEED 2018 Admit Card @ ceed.iitb.ac.in
- 1.12 IIT CEED 2018 Answer Key
- 1.13 UCEED Cut Off Marks 2018
- 1.14 Check CEED 2018 Results
- 1.15 UCEED Rank Card 2018
- 1.16 CEED 2018 Counselling
- 1.17 IIT CEED Participating Institutions
- 1.18 CEED 2018 Selection Process
- 1.19 CEED/UCEED Contact Details
- 1.20 IIT CEED 2018 Important Download Links
CEED 2018 application process has been started from 09th October 2017 and the last date to submit the Common Entrance Examination For Design is 10th November 2017. The Last date to send the filled application form along with the late fee is 17th November 2017. CEED stands for Common Entrance Examination for Design. The exam is conducted by the IIT Bombay on behalf of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India. It is organized every year in the month of January. IIT CEED Exam is conducted to provide the postgraduate programs in Design (M.Des) offered by various institutions such as IITs, IISc Banglore.
Through this Common Entrance Exam for Design, the officials will offer the admissions into PhD courses in Design. This test is conducted to screen the candidate’s aptitude in designing through drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication skills and visual perception ability.
UCEED is commonly known as Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design. It is organised by IIT Bombay under the guidance of UCEED Admissions committee to provide the undergraduate courses in design. The officials will offer the courses such as B.Des at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati & IITDM Jabalpur.
CEED 2018 Overview
|Name of the Organisation||IIT, Bombay|
|Exam Name||Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Date of Exam||20th January 2018|
IIT CEED 2018 Courses Offered
The courses offered through CEED/UCEED 2018 are as follows.
- M.Des (Masters of Design)
- B.Des (Bachelor of Design)
CEED/UCEED Notification 2018
Every year, CEED( Common Entrance Examination for Design) notification announces by the IIT Bombay. So, many of the candidates those who are interested in designing career can utilize this opportunity and apply for this CEED Exam before the last date. Also, check the eligibility criteria for the exam. Eligible candidates can go through the complete details carefully once before going to fill the application form.
The CEED Application form is there through online from 17th October 2017. Therefore, aspirants have to fill 7 submit the online form as soon as possible to avoid the server issues. The details of CEED & UCEED such as eligibility, courses, application, syllabus, previous papers, dates, etc are shared through this article.
CEED 2018 Eligibility
Candidates have to ensure the eligibility conditions before applying for CEED/UCEED 2018 Exam.
- Indian nationals and also foreign candidates are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Candidates can appear for the exam any number of times.
The academic qualification is different for the candidates appearing for the entrance exam. So, candidates have to carefully check all the details provided here once before applying for the exam.
For UCEED Applicants
- Candidates who have qualified/appearing the 12th/Intermediate in any stream are eligible to appear the entrance test.
For CEED Aspirants
- Contenders should have completed 4 years Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Architecture/Design /Interior Design or equivalent after the completion of the Intermediate.
- Applicants must have the professional diploma in design (NID/CEPT or 4 years program after 12th).
- Candidates having a 4 years degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) are also eligible to appear for the test.
- Aspirants completed/appearing for 5 years program of G.D Art after 10th and having one year experience can also apply for the exam.
- Candidates possessing Master’s degree in Arts/Science/Computer Application after the completion of 10+2+3 are also eligible for the exam.
- There is no specific age limit for the applicants of the exam.
IIT CEED 2018 Application Form
The CEED/UCEED 2018 Registration form is available through online from 09th October 2017 to 10th November 2017. The CEED Application form 2018 is still available up to 17th November with the late fee. So, candidates who are willing to apply for the exam have to apply as soon as possible to avoid the server problems.
How to fill CEED Online Application 2018
- Online Registration
- Fill all the details
- Upload the photo, signature & other documents required
- Confirm the submission of the Application form
- Take printout of the Online Application
The application fee is non-refundable. Candidates have to pay the registration fee through credit/debit card/net banking.
For UCEED Exam 2018
The registration fee for the applicants of different categories is as follows.
- For open/OBC-NCL candidates (Male): Rs. 2000/-
- For SC/ST/Female candidates: Rs. 1000/-
For CEED 2018 Exam
The application fee for the aspirants of the exam is given below.
- For Women/SC/ST/PWD candidates: Rs. 1100/-
- For Foreign Nationals/OBC candidates: Rs. 2200/-
UCEED Exam Dates 2018 – ceed.iitb.ac.in (Announced)
|Events||CEED Dates||UCEED Dates|
|Starting Date to fill the Application Form||17th October 2017||09-10-2017|
|Last Date to submit the Online Application form||11th November 2017||10-11-2017|
|Closing Date to submit the Application form with late fee||12th-20th November 2017||11 to 17-11-2017|
|Admit Card Download Date||26th December 2017 to 21st January 2018||25-11-2017|
|CEED 2018 Exam Date||22nd January 2018||20-12-2017|
|Release of Answer Key||28th January 2018||27-01-2018|
|Objections on the Answer key||31st January 2018||31-01-2018|
|Final Answer Key Release Date||2nd February 2018||04-02-2018|
|Result Declaration||10th March 2018||05-03-2018|
|Score Card||15th March 2018||05-03-2018|
CEED 2018 Exam Centers
Candidates have to choose the three nearest exam centres while filling the application form. The following are the test centres where the applicants have to attend the exam.
CEED/UCEED Test Centers 2018
|UCEED Exam Centers||CEED Test Centers|
Note: After the submission of the online application, the requests for the change of the exam centre is accepted till the fourth week of Oct 2017. This is done by the payment of application fee of Rs. 500/- through the demand draft (DD) in favour of “Registrar, IIT Bombay” payable at Mumbai.
IIT CEED Syllabus 2018
There is no specific CEED 2018 syllabus provided here for the applicants. Candidates have to practice the CEED Previous Papers available online. The portions where the candidates have to mainly focus are as follows.
- Colour Theory,
- Communication skills,
- Creative writing skills,
- Designing Concept,
- Drawing abilities & skills,
- Light & shadow,
- Representation techniques,
- How to develop characters,
- Logical Reasoning
- Logo Designing
- Problem Identification & design problem solving
- Productive Designing
- Scale & Proportion
- Interaction Design & Visual Communication
- Character Designing
- Story Telling
- Visual perception
- Character designing, Poster
- Interface Design
- Basics of Materials & Manufacturing processes
CEED 2018 Exam Pattern
The CEED/UCEED Exam Pattern is as follows.
- The exam is organised in two parts. Part-A & Part-B.
- The question paper is in English language only.
- Candidates who have qualified in Part-A are eligible to appear for Part-B.
- Part-A is computer based exam whereas Part-B is pen & paper based exam.
- 2 marks are given for each right answer in Part-A.
- The exam is for 200 Marks.
CEED Test Pattern 2018
|Part||Section||Topics||No. of Questions||Duration||Negative Marking|
|Part-B||Drawing & Designing Test||
||3 questions||2 hours||Nil|
Note: Only the Part-B score is used while preparing the merit list.
- The exam has only single paper.
- UCEED 2018 question paper is conducted for 300 Marks.
- The question paper consists of three sections. Section-A, B & C.
- Section-A includes the Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- Section-B comprises of the Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) for which one or more right answers are there.
- The exam is conducted for 3 hours.
- 80 questions are asked in the exam.
- The section-C includes the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
UCEED 2018 Exam Pattern
|Section||Type of Questions||Negative Marking|
|Section-I||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||4 Marks awarded – right answer
No negative marking
|Section-II||Multiple Select questions (MSQ)||4 marks given – right answer
No negative marking
|Section-III||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||3 marks awarded – right answer
1 mark deducted – one wrong answer
UCEED Question Papers Download
CEED Previous Year Question Papers with solutions pdf is provided through online. Candidates have to download the UCEED Papers to practice better for the exam. By practising the previous papers daily, candidates can improve the reasoning skills, logical skills, time management, etc.
CEED Preparation Tips
There are no specified books for the preparation of CEED Exam 2018. Candidates have to focus on drawing, rendering, and visualisation skills. For better practice & preparation, candidates have to download the ceed study material & ceed sample papers through online.
Download CEED 2018 Admit Card @ ceed.iitb.ac.in
The officials will release the CEED/UCEED Admit Card 2018 on 29th December 2017. Candidates can download the hall ticket up to 21st January 2018 by entering the ceed 2018 login details. The admit card is the mandatory document to appear for the exam. One identity proof is also necessary to bring along with the admit card at the time of the exam.
IIT CEED 2018 Answer Key
The CEED/UCEED Answer Key is available on the official portal along with the question paper. Candidates have to download the UCEED Exam Key through online by entering the login details. After downloading, crosscheck the answer paper with the key available to calculate the score in the ceed exam 2018.
UCEED Cut Off Marks 2018
The CEED cut off marks is different for the candidates of different categories. The minimum percentage candidates have to get to qualify the part-A of ceed exam is tabulated below.
|Category||Minimum % Marks to qualify CEED Part-A|
The candidates have to get the minimum section wise cut off marks to qualify the UCEED Exam. The cut off marks will vary year to year on the basis of several factors.
Check CEED 2018 Results
The CEED 2018 Result is published by the officials through online on 05th March 2018. UCEED Result is declared on 24th February 2018 by the IIT Bombay. Candidates have to check the result by entering the details required. After that, take the print out of the result for future reference.
A separate merit list is prepared by the officials on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance exam. Candidates will score the minimum sectional wise cut off marks, minimum total marks are only included in the rank list.
UCEED Rank Card 2018
The CEED Score Card is available through official website on 14th March 2018. UCEED Score Card is released on 27th February 2018. The rank cards are valid for only one year after the announcement of the result. So, candidates who have qualified in the exam have to download the rank card to attend the further selection rounds conducted by the respective institution.
CEED 2018 Counselling
Candidates who have qualified the exam have no guarantee that they will compulsory get the admissions in IITs & IISc. Aspirants have to apply for the preferred institution individually. Qualified applicants have to satisfy the requirements of the respective institution where they are willing to get the seat. Then only, the admissions are provided for the aspirants in the desired courses.
IIT CEED Participating Institutions
The participating institutions of the CEED/UCCED 2018 are as below.
- IIT Delhi
- IISc Banglore
- IIT Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Guwahati
CEED 2018 Selection Process
Candidates who have qualified in CEED have to attend for the further selection processes. Aspirants have to go through the following three steps to get the admissions in the desired courses. The admissions are provided for the applicants of ceed exam on the basis of CEED Score, Design Aptitude Test (DAT) & Interview.
CEED 2018 Score
- Candidates have to score the cut off marks to clear the exam.
- Aspirants are selected on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance exam.
- After that, they will arrange the list of the candidates in the ascending order.
- Candidates who are in top 300 in the merit list are shortlisted for DAT.
Design Aptitude Test (DAT)
- DAT is conducted to check the designing & creative skills of the candidates.
- Aspirants who have qualified in the DAT have to appear for the interview round.
- Candidates who clear the interview process will get the admissions in any one of the participating colleges.
The final seat allotment is on the basis of the rank, category, filling of choices by the candidates.
We have shared here the complete details of the UCEED/CEED 2018 Exam through this page. In case candidates have any queries, contact the officials through the address provided below.
CEED/UCEED Contact Details
The Chair Person of CEED-UCEED,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Ph. No: 91 2225769093,
Website: : http://ceed.iitb.ac.in.
The information on this page regarding CEED/UCEED is for reference purpose only. Candidates can get the further details of the exam through the official site.
IIT CEED 2018 Important Download Links
|CEED Previous Papers||CEED Result 2018||CEED Counselling|