CLAT 2020 Counselling Schedule released by the exam conducting authority. National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi will conduct the CLAT Counselling from 8th June 2020 Onwards. In order to know CLAT Counselling 2020 Schedule, Law Counselling Dates 2020, Required certificates etc., refer the following sections on this page.
CLAT Counselling 2020 @ clat.ac.in
The admissions for various undergraduate and postgraduate law programs in different participating colleges will be held through CLAT 2020 counseling process. The Common Law Admission Test is a centralized system. This Counselling Process includes various steps like Online registration, Filling of NUALS Choices, Seat Allotment, fee payment, and finally reporting to the allocated NUALS.
CLAT Committee announces CLAT 2020 Counselling Dates. This is a good news for all candidates who have eagerly been waiting for the officials to release Law Counselling 2020 Dates. First of all, the board will declare CLAT 2020 Merit List. Then candidates must report to the Counselling Venue for paying Counselling fee and exercising the Web Options. After that, the Officials releases the second admission list for shortlisted candidates on 16th June 2020. Consequently, the third round and fourth round admission list are also announced by the officials. In conclusion, aspirants must report to the allocated college and submit the required documents. For further information about CLAT Counselling 2020, refer the below sections.
CLAT 2020 Counselling Schedule
|CLAT Result & Merit List Displaying Date||31st May 2020|
|1st Seat Allotment List Releasing Date||7th June 2020|
|Dates for CLAT Counselling fee payment and Exercising options||8th to 12th June 2020|
|2nd Round Seat Allotment List Publishing Date||16th June 2020|
|Counselling Fee Payment & Exercising Options||17 – 19th June 2020|
|Locking of Allotted seats after exercising option for shifting/ withdrawing from the admission process against the 2nd Allotment List||17th to 19th June 2020|
|Ending Date for withdrawal from the CLAT 2020 admission process||19th June 2020|
|An announcement of 3rd seat allotment result||24th June 2020|
|Last Date for full fee payment to whose name appears for the 1st time in the third sear allotment list||28th to 30th June 2020|
|Receiving admission status from the participating NLUs in the CLAT office||4th July 2020|
|Admission Process closing date||6th July 2020|
About Common Law Admission Test
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi conducts Common Law Admission Test every year. The Board will conduct the entrance examination in order to give admissions to candidates into Under Graduate & Post Graduate Law Degree Programmes. The courses are offered by the participating Institutions of Common Law Admission Test including NUALS, Private and Government Institutions. The starting date to apply for CLAT 2020 is January 01, 2020. Common Law Admission Test 2020 is expected to be conducted on May 13, 2020. CLAT Result 2020 will release on May 29, 2020. Therefore, Candidates can download CLAT 2020 Score Card after the declaration of CLAT 2020 Result. Also, you can visit All India Entrance Exams for complete details.
Common Law Admission Test 2020 – Important Dates
|Exam Conducting Body||National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi|
|Name of the Test||Common Law Admission Test|
|Starting Date of CLAT 2020 Application form||01st January 2020|
|Last date to submit CLAT Online Applications 2020||31st March 2020|
|Availability of CLAT Admit Card 2020||20th April 2020|
|Date of Common Law Admission Test 2020||13th May 2020 (3 pm to 5 pm)|
|Release of CLAT Answer Key 2020||15th May 2020|
|CLAT 2020 Result and Announcement of Merit list||31st May 2020|
|CLAT Counselling Process Starting Date||June 2020|
|Release of 1st round of seat allotment list||June 2020|
Step Wise CLAT Counselling 2020 Process
- Release of First Admission list based on Merit
- Payment of Counselling Fee for CLAT 2020 & Exercising of options by shortlisted candidates
- Release of Second Admission list
- Publication of 3rd Admission list
- Release of 4th Admission list
- Reporting & Submission of Required Documents
Aspirants qualified in Common Law Admission Test 2020 will undergo six steps of CLAT Counselling Process. The brief information about the steps is enclosed above.
[ CLAT Results ]
Certificates Required for Common Law Admission Test 2020 Counselling
- CLAT Application form 2020.
- Common Law Admission Test 2020 Admit Card.
- 10th Standard Marks memo or equivalent ( As a proof of Date of Birth).
- Intermediate marks sheet.
- Domicile Certificate if applicable.
- CLAT 2020 Rank Card or Score Card.
- Caste or Category Certificate.
- NRI Certificate if applicable.
- Differently abled Certificate if applicable.
- Sponsored NRI Certificate if applicable.
- Common Law Admission Test Call Letter 2020.
- Recent Passport size Photographs.
All the eligible candidates must carry the documents mentioned to the Counselling Venue in the stipulated time without fail.
Fee Structure for CLAT Counselling 2020
Candidates whose names appear in CLAT Merit list 2020 must attend for performing Web Options. Students must pay Rs. 50,000/- in order to exercise the Web Options. The Candidates who have paid the fee will proceed with further rounds involved in CLAT 2020 Counselling.
CLAT 2020 Counselling Procedure for NLUs
The candidates who qualify the CLAT 2020 exam can go through the counselling procedure provided here. The following are the steps for the CLAT 2020 counselling. Check the counselling process before attending the CLAT 2020 counselling.
Step – 1: Release of First Admission list based on Merit
- Based on CLAT Merit list 2020, the officials will release first Admission List.
- Only those candidates whose name exist in the list will continue with further rounds.
Step – 2: Counselling Fee Payment & Exercising of options
- Selected candidates must pay Rs. 50, 000 as the CLAT 2020 Counselling Fee and then can start performing Web Options.
- Lock: Upon choosing lock option, aspirants are sure about their choice. The Authorities will not allow such students for further participation in other NLUs of their choice if any seat remains vacant.
- Shifting: Conducting body will consider the candidates who select “shifting” option against any vacancy arising at NLUs.
- The default choice of candidate is considered as “Lock”.
Step – 3: Release of Second Admission list
- The second list contains the Eligible candidates’ names who have paid Counselling fee and reserved their seats in National Law Universities.
- In addition to the 2nd list, Officials will also release the waitlisted candidates list.
- Aspirants who are shortlisted against dropped students should pay Rs. 50,000/- as the Counselling fee and then exercise their options.
Step – 4: Publication of 3rd Admission list
- The CLAT Committee will publish the 3rd round allotment list for the candidates who have paid the Counselling fee and reserved their seat in participating National Law Universities.
- They will also release the list of waitlisted candidates along with 3rd allotment list. All the shortlisted candidates must pay Counselling Fee and reserve the seats.
Step – 5: Release of 4th Admission list
- The provisionally selected applicants can withdraw from the admission process within a stipulated time.
- They will deduct the nominal fee of Rs. 10,000/- from the deposited Counselling fee.
- Any withdrawal after the stipulated time will result in loss of the amount. So, the candidates must withdraw within given time frame.
- The list consists of the names of the candidates who have paid the Counselling fee against the first, second and third admission lists.
- The candidates whose names appear in the fourth list and have not deposited Rs. 50,000/- as Counselling fee must pay the complete fee to the allotted NLUs at the time of admission.
Step – 6: Reporting & Submission of Required Documents
- The seat allotted candidates must approach the assigned NUALS with the admission fee.
- Candidates must carry all the required certificates in original & Xerox copies to the allotted institute.
- Aspirants who fail to submit the documents will not be allowed for CLAT 2020 Counselling Process.
- Candidates who fail to appear at the allotted NUALS within time will automatically lose their claim for admission and also their Counselling fee will be wasted.
CLAT 2020 Counselling Process – Lock, Upgrade & Withdrawl Options
- By exercising the lock option in the CLAT Counselling Process 2020, it confirms the admission seat in the allotted NLU at that counselling round.
- There is no possibility of shifting to any other National Law University in the present CLAT Counselling round through this Lock option.
- In the CLAT second round counselling this upgrade option is available for the candidates who have participated in the previous CLAT Counselling rounds.
- The participants will be shifted/ automatically upgraded to a higher NLU against the vacancy arising in the National Law University.
- The candidates have to exercise the withdrawl option after two days.
- The applicant’s name will be dropped from the merit list if they fail to pay the requisite amount of counselling fee.
- The candidates who wish to withdraw their name from the NLU admission process by the prescribed date are allowed to withdraw from the admissions.
This is all about the CLAT 2020 Counselling Process. We advise all the candidates that this information is provided from the official CLAT counselling schedule 2020 to make help. Hence, refer the given counselling process to get an idea about the what is the CLAT counselling schedule and procedure. Also, follow the official website for complete details of CLAT Exam 2020. Regularly follow our website entranceexams.io for more regular updates on all Law Entrance Exams.
Counselling Guidelines For CLAT 2020 Admission
Individual Allotment Search
CLAT Student Login
<< CLAT 2020 Counselling Schedule – Official >>