- 1 GATE Syllabus for CSE 2020 – Download Free PDF
GATE Syllabus 2020 is available for Computer Science and Information Technology. Download GATE CSE Syllabus 2020 PDF at Free of Cost. Also, Check GATE Exam Pattern 2020 for CSE and IT to get a brief idea about the exam. Applicants can also find GATE 2020 Exam Date for CSE, GATE CSE Study Material from the following sections.
|GATE CSE/IT Exam Date is 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2020|
GATE Syllabus for CSE 2020 – Download Free PDF
Have you applied for GATE 2020 Notification and are searching for GATE CSE Syllabus? Don’t worry about GATE CSE 2020 Syllabus. Here you can find GATE CSE Syllabus. On this Page, we have updated the latest GATE Exam Syllabus for Computer Science and Information Technology (CS). Download Syllabus for GATE Exam CSE and IT and start your preparation in right way. With the new parameters of GATE Exam CSE Syllabus, You can prepare a study plan which makes your preparation easy and effective. GATE Exam Preparation for CSE is an important aspect of cracking the exam easily. Also, Check the GATE 2020 Exam Pattern for Computer Science and Information Technology in addition to the GATE Computer Science Study Material given below.
GATE CSE 2020 Exam Pattern – Syllabus for GATE 2020 CSE
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is the all India examination for admission to various PG Courses in the field of Engineering and Technology. Every Annual, GATE exam is jointly conducted by the seven IITs and IISc. It is the gateway for the students to get the admission in Post Graduate Programmes like M.tech, M.S, M.E etc.
<< Check Branch Wise GATE 2020 Exam Dates >>
GATE Exam is a Single Paper Online Examination of 3 Hours Duration with 65 Questions and 100 Marks. It covers the topics like General Aptitude, Mathematics, and Technical Subjects. The complete details of GATE Exam Pattern for Computer Science & Technology is tabulated below.
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern For CS
|General Aptitude||10||15||3 Hrs|
|Mathematics + Technical Subjects||55||85|
|Total||65 Questions||100 Marks|
GATE 2020 Marking Scheme
- General Aptitude section – 15 Marks
- Engineering Mathematics – 15 Marks
- Technical Subjects – 70 Marks
General Aptitude Questions:
- Total No.of Questions – 10.
- Total Marks – 15 (5+10)
- First 5 questions carrying 1-mark each and other 5 Questions carrying 2-marks each.
Mathematics & Technical Subjects:
- No.of Questions – 55
- Total Marks – 85
- 25 questions carrying 1 mark each (subtotal 25 marks) and 30 questions carrying 2 marks each (subtotal 60 marks).
Negative Marking for GATE Exam:
For a wrong answer chosen for the question, there would be negative marking.
Multiple Choice Questions:
- For 1-mark Questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- For 2-mark Questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
Numerical Answer Type Questions:
- There is NO Negative marking for a wrong answer.
< < Also, Download GATE Previous Year Question Papers Pdf >>
GATE Syllabus for CSE – GATE 2020 Syllabus CSE
GATE Computer Science & Information Technology (CS) Subject wise weightage is analyzed for the last ten years question papers. Here, we have tabulated the details of GATE Subject wise Weightage for CSE. The Table contains the Number of Questions appearing from each subject. Therefore Contestants can get an idea about the subject wise marks distribution in GATE Computer Science and Information Technology.
GATE CSE Syllabus With Weightage
|Computer Organization & Architecture||3||7||11||7||8|
|Programming & Data Structures||14||13||10||12||10|
|Theory of Computation||5||4||8||6||8|
|Information Systems & Software Engineering||4||1||3||–||3|
GATE 2020 Syllabus For CSE
Every Applicant should know the GATE CSE Syllabus before appearing the exam. You need to know the Subjects for the preparation. Check the Syllabus for GATE Exam, it will help you allocate your time towards the Topics that are important. GATE 2020 Syllabus for Computer Science and Information Technology is divided into following 10 Sections. Therefore Applicants can check and download GATE Syllabus for CSE 2020 Pdf.
Section1: Engineering Mathematics
- Propositional and first-order logic.
- Sets, relations, functions, partial orders and lattices.
- Graphs: connectivity, matching, coloring.
- Combinatorics: Counting, recurrence relations, generating functions.
- System of linear equations
- Eigenvalues and eigenvectors
- LU decomposition.
- Limits, continuity, and differentiability.
- Maxima and minima.
- Mean value theorem.
- Random variables.
- Uniform, normal, exponential, poisson, and binomial distributions.
- Mean, median, mode and standard deviation.
- Conditional probability and Bayes theorem.
[GATE 2020 Results – Check Here Online]
GATE Syllabus 2020 CSE
Section 2: Digital Logic
- Boolean algebra.
- Combinational and sequential circuits.
- Number representations and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).
Section 3: Computer Organization and Architecture
- Machine instructions and addressing modes.
- ALU, data‐path and control unit.
- Instruction pipelining.
- Memory hierarchy: cache, main memory, and secondary storage.
- I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode).
[Also, Check GATE 2020 Expected Cutoff Marks]
CSE GATE Syllabus 2020
Section 4: Programming and Data Structures
- Programming in C
- Linked lists
- Binary search trees
- Binary heaps
Section 5: Algorithms
- Searching, sorting, hashing.
- Asymptotic worst case time and space complexity.
- Algorithm design techniques: greedy, dynamic programming and divide‐and‐conquer.
- Graph search, minimum spanning trees, shortest paths.
[Check GATE 2020 Answer Key]
GATE 2020 CSE Syllabus
Section 6: Theory of Computation
- Regular expressions and finite automata.
- Context-free grammars and pushdown automata.
- Regular and contex-free languages, pumping lemma.
- Turing machines and undecidability.
Section 7: Compiler Design
- Lexical analysis, parsing, syntax-directed translation.
- Runtime environments. Intermediate code generation.
Section 8: Operating System
- Processes, threads, inter‐process communication, concurrency, and synchronization.
- CPU scheduling.
- Memory management and virtual memory.
- File systems.
GATE CSE Syllabus 2020
Section 9: Databases
- Relational model: relational algebra, tuple calculus, SQL.
- Integrity constraints, normal forms.
- File organization, indexing (e.g., B and B+ trees).
- Transactions and concurrency control.
Section 10: Computer Networks
- Concept of layering.
- LAN technologies (Ethernet).
- Flow and error control techniques, switching.
- IPv4/IPv6, routers and routing algorithms (distance vector, link state).
- TCP/UDP and sockets, congestion control.
- Application layer protocols (DNS, SMTP, POP, FTP, HTTP).
- Basics of Wi-Fi.
- Network security: authentication, basics of the public key and private key cryptography, digital signatures, and certificates, firewalls.
GATE 2020 Syllabus for CSE Pdf Free Download
Here, we are providing a direct link to get GATE Syllabus for Computer Science and Information Technology. Therefore Applicants can download the GATE CS/IT Syllabus 2020 PDF at free of cost by visiting the link enclosed below. Stay tuned to our site www.entranceexams.io for more updates regarding GATE Notification 2020, GATE 2020 Exam Dates, GATE 2020 Preparation CSE, GATE Computer Science Question Papers.
See www.entranceexam.io to get the latest information about GATE Exam.