Check tips for GATE Preparation. Get Gate Preparation Time Table for 10 months, and GATE 2021 Day by day Schedule, GATE Exam Pattern, and GATE Syllabus as well.
Are you confused about How to start the Preparation for GATE 2021 Exam? If So, You are on the right page. Here you will get clarified with all the doubts. We provide GATE 2021 Preparation tips, Famous Books for GATE Preparation, Detailed GATE Syllabus etc. So that you can prepare for your exam effectively.
GATE – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is India Level Entrance Exam conducted coordinatively by the Seven IITS and IISC Bangalore. The Primary Objective Of the GATE Exam is to provide admission to the various Masters Degree Courses across the Indian Country. From the year 2012 onwards, many of the PSUs (Public Sector Undertaking) recruit candidates through GATE Qualification. Most of the other PSUs also set the eligibility for the candidate to their company is GATE Exam. The reason behind is that th GATE Not only analyze the Candidate Technical Skills, but it also tells about the Applicant Logical and Analytical Skills as well. The Aspirants one should qualify the GATE Exam that he/she should have a good Knowledge of Technical and analytical skills also.
The Various companies hire the candidates through GATE Exam are DTL, HAL, BPCL, IOCL, HPCL, PSPCL Limited, PGCIL, MDL, NBCC Limited, etc. So just follow the below enclosed GATE Preparation.
“A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.”
How to Crack GATE 2021 Exam Without Coaching?
To qualify the GATE Exam, every candidate should have high concentration, dedication, and hard work continuously. As the GATE is an India Level Entrance test, the competition for the GATE is very High. So, to score good mark, the student must have proper preparation time table and hard work throughout the year. It is advised to make a perfect preparation plan for the candidates those who are serious about the GATE Exam. Read this article and know some of the GATE Preparation.
“Push Yourself, No one else is going to do it for You.”
Also, Download GATE 2021 Admit Card.
GATE 2021 Preparation Time Table
Before going to start the GATE, 2021 Preparation candidates have to raise questions as
- How much time can I dedicate for the preparation per day?
- In how many subjects that I am weak?
- Total how much time that I am dedicated to the GATE preparation?
- In how many subjects that I am strong?
- How many subjects that I can prepare for the GATE 2021?
- How much time taken top me to complete each subject?
First of all, to start the GATE 2021 Preparation, you should analyze your strategy first. Here we provide the GATE 2021 Preparation Time Table apparently to give an idea of GATE exam. This preparation timetable will help the candidates from various fields such as Electrical(EEE), Mechanical, Electronics(ECE), Information Technology(IT), Computer Science(CSE), Instrumentation, Civil, and other branches of candidates those who are preparing for the GATE Exam 2021. The primary step involved in the GATE Exam Preparation is
- Download the Exam Pattern & Syllabus for respective Branch.
Follow the GATE preparation Tips and start the exam preparation with the help of GATE Syllabus and Exam pattern.
“If it is important to you, you will find a way, If not you will find Excuse”
Steps to prepare Time Table to crack GATE 2021 Exam
Here we provide the strict timetable to crack the gate exam. Qualifying GATE is a big deal for many of the candidates. Every year, lakhs of candidates applied for the GATE exam for higher studies or jobs. Out of all, only 20% of the candidates qualify in the gate exam. The reason behind the is that the lack of preparation. The Fact is that the Qualifying mark for the GATE Exam is 25/100 Only. Now you can analyze, hoe hard to prepare for the GATE Exam.
Step I: GATE Exam Pattern 2021
The Gate 2021 exam pattern helps the candidate to analyze the Topics covered, No of Marks, and Marking Scheme, etc. The Gate Exam Pattern is same for many of the Engineering Branches. For some other branches, the GATE Test Pattern may be different. The Detailed Exam Pattern of GATE 2021 Exam is tabulated below. So once look at the exam pattern and make a note of it. The Exam Paper covers the topics as per the percentage of marks below. The Below tabulated the Pattern is same for the branches like
AE, EC, CE, CH, CS, AG, EE, IN, ME, MN, BT, PI, TF, XE, MT, etc. The Exam Pattern contains three sections namely
- General Aptitude – 15% of the Total Marks.
- Mathematics – 15% of Total Marks.
- Technical Subject – 70% of Total Marks.
|Subject Name||No.of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Aptitude||10||15||3 Hrs|
|Mathematics + Technical Subjects||55||85|
|Total||65 Questions||100 Marks|
Similarly, there are only Two Sections for paper codes like CY, GG, MA, AR, PH, EY, and XL, etc. The Exam Pattern for these Papers is as follows.
- Technical Section – 80% of Total Marks.
- General Aptitude Section – 20% of Total Marks.
“There is no substitute to hard work”
Step II: GATE 2021 Syllabus for All Branches
The Next step after knowing the GATE Exam Pattern is to download the GATE Syllabus for the branch that you want to take the GATE Exam. In General, the GATE Exam Syllabus contains 8 to 9 subjects for most of the branches. Apart from the Technical Subjects, the Mathematics and General Aptitude will also include the GATE Exam for all the branches. After downloading the Syllabus paper for the particular branch, candidates can analyze the topic wise weightage marks from the previous years.
GATE Preparation Plan for 10 Months
With the help of GATE Exam Pattern and GATE Syllabus, candidates may easily analyze the GATE 2021 Topics Exam very well. Now we look at the Plan that tells about “how a candidate can complete the GATE 2021 Preparation in 9 Months period”. Please keep the points in your mind while started the GATE 2021 preparation.
Before going to start the GATE Preparation, you should plan the Subjects which are covered for the GATE 2021 Exam. This analysis can be done with the help of checking Last five years subject wise weightage marks.
- Let us start the GATE 2021 Preparation from April Month Onwards.
- For the First & Second Month which is April & May, start with the Basics.
- While reading habituates to note the important points in the book.
- Plan 6 days for each subject, so that, you can cover the complete basics of the particular subject up to 70%.
- With this process, you will easily complete the 10 Subjects within TWO months.
How to Solve Numerical Problems?
- As we know that, the gate 2021 is a numerical based written exam.
- This Can be achieved by practicing no of Numerical Answer Type Questions.
- So, basics are building blocks for GATE Numerical Problem Solving.
- Regularly revise the basics for 15 min to remember for a long period.
- Then from the month June to November start practicing Numerical Answer Type Questions.
- Solve all types of Numerical answers provided in the various websites and books also to improve the confidence level.
- It is advised to practice last 20-30 years of GATE Previous Papers to get a confidence level. This type of practice may help the candidates to analyze the type of questions which are occurred in the GATE 2021 Exam.
- At the Same time, the questions will tell you what kind of questions asked and from which syllabus topics are covered for each subject.
- Take the Practice Tests for Last three months.
Also, Go through the GATE 2021 Syllabus.
30 Days GATE 2021 Preparation Plan
|Day 1||Subject – 1 (Chapter- 1)|
|Day 2||Subject – 1 (Chapter- 2)|
|Day 3||Subject – 1 (Chapter- 3)|
|Day 4||Subject – 1 (Chapter- 4)|
|Day 5||Subject – 1 (Chapter- 5)|
|Day 6||Revision From Chapter 1 to 5|
|Day 7||Subject – 1 (Chapter- 6)|
|Day 8||Subject – 1 (Chapter- 7)|
|Day 9||Subject – 1 (Chapter- 8)|
|Day 10||Subject – 1 (Chapter- 9)|
|Day 11||Subject – 1 (Chapter- 10)|
|Day 12||Revision from Chapter 6 to 10|
|Day 13||Revision from Chapter 1 to 10|
|Day 14||Start Practising the Previous year’s GATE papers|
|Day 16||Subject – 2 (Chapter- 1)|
|Day 17||Subject – 2 (Chapter- 2)|
|Day 18||Subject – 2 (Chapter- 3)|
|Day 19||Subject – 2 (Chapter- 4)|
|Day 20||Subject – 2 (Chapter- 5)|
|Day 21||Revision from Chapter 1 to Chapter 5|
|Day 22||Subject – 2 (Chapter- 6)|
|Day 23||Subject – 2 (Chapter- 7)|
|Day 24||Subject – 2 (Chapter- 8)|
|Day 25||Subject – 2 (Chapter- 9)|
|Day 26||Subject – 2 (Chapter- 10)|
|Day 27||Revision From Chapter 6 to 10|
|Day 28||Complete Revision of Chapter 1 to 10|
|Day 29||Solve Gate Previous Questions + Test Series|
|Day 30||Rest Time|
For First 2 Months, you learn basics of all subjects. Then Start practicing the Numericals on each subject for five months. Consider June as First Month. Chose any two subjects out of 10. The Selection of two subjects should be such that, one is easy and one is the tough subject. With this, your GATE Preparation completed for all easy and hard subjects.
“Don’t stop when you are tired. Stop when you are done”
First Slot (First 15 Days) Plan
- For First 15 Days, you chose any one of the two subjects. Select any five chapters, of the subject chosen.
- For the first 5 days, start the preparation with any of the five chapters.
- During the exam preparation plan, you must complete the entire syllabus of the particular chapter defined in the GATE 2021 Syllabus.
- After 5 Days revise all the five chapters, you prepare.
- Next day, take some online test along with gate previous year questions, etc.
- Start the preparation of next five chapters of Subject I.
- Complete the Subject I preparation for ten chapters.
- After successful completion of the Subject I Preparation, practice the old questions asked in the GATE Exam and other various tests.
For Slot II (Last 15 Days) Plan
- Select another subject randomly.
- For the First five days, practice five chapters.
- Revise 5 Chapters on the 6th day.
- Solve Previous Year Gate Question Papers along with the online Test series.
- After 27 days, revise the Subject one & subject two completely.
- Take Free online Tests along with the Gate old questions on the prepared two subjects.
Now we check the Monthly GATE Exam preparation timetable. Let, we divide the One month, i.e., 30 days into Two slots as Slot I & Slot II. For the First slot take some subjects. The Selection of Subjects should be random, i.e., some easy subjects and some hard subjects. If you really want to score good marks in the GATE Exam, you must complete the whole syllabus for each and every important subject which will have high weightage marks in the GATE 2021 Exam. By selecting the easy and tough subjects, it is easy to for the exam preparation. Please follow the table enclosed below to note down the GATE 2021 monthly Preparation plan.
Note: Here we consider the 10 Subjects and each subject has ten chapters, and each chapter has ten topics. As per this analysis, we provide the GATE 2021 Preparation Time Table.
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out”
Daily Preparation Plan for GATE 2021 Exam
Till now we see the Monthly-wise exam preparation plan. Now here we provide the daily Gate 2021 preparation plan. We plan 11 hour study plan out of 24 hours per a day. TEN hours is the minimum time required for the candidate those who are going to take GATE 2021 Exam. As per our assumption, each subject should have ten chapters, and each chapter contains ten topics. Now the candidate can check the below tabular form.
|First Hour||Topic I|
|Second Hour||Topic 2|
|Third Hour||Topic 3|
|Fourth Hour||Topic 4|
|Fifth Hour||Topic 5|
|Seventh Hour||Topic 7|
|Eighth Hour||Topic 8|
|Ninth Hour||Topic 9|
|Eleventh Hour||Revise all ten topics|
<< Also, Practice Last 10 Years GATE Question Papers >>
Finally, we suggest some important points regarding the GATE 2021 Preparation.
- Make a habit of carrying notes while preparing for the GATE Exam to note down the Important points.
- Revise the Short notes every day to recollect the Important Points.
- Don’t prepare the timetable fully packed.
- Revise each subject at least two times before the GATE 2021 Exam.
- Prepare all the subjects.
- Keep last two months for solving GATE Mock Tests.
“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
GATE 2021 Preparation Plan
We design this GATE 2021 preparation plan for the candidates those who started the GATE exam Preparation from Zero Level. If you have some knowledge of the GATE syllabus, then you can decrease the preparation time as well. Meanwhile, If you think that, we add some other info in the GATE 2021 Preparation timetable, please comment me in the comment box. We accept all your suggestions and requests.
This is the simple preparation plan for GATE 2021. Soon we will update the GATE Preparation Time Table for day by day, similarly for monthly basis. Moreover, Follow our website regularly to check the GATE 2021 Exam Updates.
Therefore, Visit the official site for more updates about the GATE 2021 Exam Preparation Tips through the link enclosed below.
GATE 2021 Official website———-> http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/