Here we are updating the latest GATE Syllabus for ECE along with the GATE Exam Pattern for ECE. Download GATE ECE Study Material. Check GATE 2020 Exam date for ECE.
|GATE ECE Exam date is 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2020|
GATE 2020 Syllabus for ECE
Electronics and Communication Engineering is one of the popular branches of Engineering. The GATE ECE paper covered in the GATE 2020 Examination. Candidates those who are in search of GATE 2020 syllabus for ECE are at right place to download the GATE ECE syllabus 2020 along with the GATE Exam Pattern. As the GATE Exam is a prestigious exam in India, most of the GATE applicants started the test preparation towards the GATE 2020 Exam. To score good marks in the Graduate Aptitude Test, you must have a perfect planning and preparation. Students those who opted the ECE paper in GATE 2020 Application, are looking for GATE Syllabus for ECE to start the exam preparation. The GATE 2020 ECE Syllabus is necessary for the students to analyze the GATE Exam Paper. Read this article completely to get the Topics which are covered in the GATE Syllabus for ECE
GATE ECE 2020 Syllabus
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an India Level Entrance Exam conducted by IISC(Indian Institute of Science and Technology) and Seven Zonal Wise IITs. Every Year GATE Notification releases by any one of these IITs and IISC. In General, the GATE Notification released in the month of June/July. Once the notification released by the Officials, a lakhs of candidates will apply for GATE notification 2020 before the last date. After successful completion of the GATE 2020 Online Application process, all are looking for GATE Syllabus for ECE to make the preparation plan. Students those who applied for GATE 2020 notification for ECE Branch need to download the GATE ECE Syllabus in pdf file.
<<<<<< Download GATE 2020 Notification >>>>>>>
GATE Exam Pattern For ECE
Along with the GATE Syllabus for ECE 2020, the GATE ECE Exam Pattern also helps the candidates to check the topics which are covered in the GATE Exam. The GATE ECE Paper consists of Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Answer Type Questions. So test appeared students might select any one of the options out of 4. The GATE Exam Pattern consists of following Sections.
- GATE 2020 is conducted in Objective Manner.
- Total marks for GATE 2020 is 100.
- The GATE ECE Paper consists of Objective Type Questions(MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions(NAT).
- Each MCQ Question consists of 4 Answers.
- There are no options for NAT Questions.
- There shall be Negative Marking for GATE Exam.
|Technical Section||General Aptitude||Engineering Mathematics||Total Duration|
|70 Marks||15 Marks||15 Marks||3 hours|
|20 to 40 marks will be allocated for Numerical Answer Type Questions|
GATE 2020 ECE Exam Pattern
|Section||No of Questions||Mark per Question||Total Marks||Total Marks/section||Duration|
|General Aptitude||1-5||1 mark||5||15 marks||3 hours|
|1-25||1 mark||25 marks||85 marks|
|26-55||2 marks||60 marks|
|Total No of Questions||65 Questions||100 Marks|
GATE 2020 Negative Marking
|Question Type||Marks||Negative Marking for Each Question|
|MCQ Questions||One Mark||0.33|
|Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ)||Two Marks||0.66|
|Numerical Answer Question||One Mark||No Negative Marking|
GATE Syllabus for ECE 2020 – GATE ECE Old Papers
GATE 2020 Syllabus For ECE consists of topics related to Electronic Devices, Networks, Analog Circuits, Signals and Systems, Communications, Control Systems, Digital Circuits, Electromagnetic circuits, etc. Students are advised to practice GATE ECE Old Papers & write Mock Test to manage time in the Exam. Time Management is a basic factor for the GATE applied candidates. This can be achieved by solving no of GATE ECE Previous question papers. Click on the below link to download the Last ten years Previous Year Question Papers along with the Answers.
GATE Exam Syllabus for ECE
Below we have listed the topics which are covered in the GATE 2020 Exam. Note down the GATE 2020 Syllabus ECE from the below sections. Also get GATE Syllabus 2020 in pdf file.
GATE 2020 Syllabus for ECE Engineering Mathematics
- GATE Syllabus for ECE 2020 – Linear Algebra
- Vector space basics
- Linear dependence and independence
- Matrix algebra.
- Eigen values and Eigen Vectors, rank, a solution of linear equations – existence and uniqueness.
- GATE ECE syllabus 2020 – Calculus
- Mean value theorems.
- Theorems of integral calculus.
- Evaluation of definite and improper integrals.
- Partial derivatives.
- Maxima and minima.
- Multiple integrals.
- Line, surface and volume integrals.
- Taylor series.
- Syllabus for GATE 2020 ECE – Differential Equations
- First order equations (linear and nonlinear).
- Higher order linear differential equations.
- Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations.
- Methods of solution using variation of parameters.
- Complementary function and particular integral.
- Partial differential equations.
- Variable separable method.
- Initial and boundary value problems.
- GATE 2020 syllabus ECE – Vector Analysis
- Vectors in plane and space.
- Vector operations.
- Gradient, divergence, and curl.
- Gauss’s, Green’s and Stoke’s theorems.
- GATE syllabus ECE – Complex Analysis
- Analytic functions.
- Cauchy’s integral theorem.
- Cauchy’s integral formula.
- Taylor’s and Laurent’s series.
- Residue theorem.
- Numerical Methods
- Solution of nonlinear equations.
- Single and multi-step methods for differential equations.
- Convergence criteria.
- Probability and Statistics
- Mean, median, mode and standard deviation.
- Combinatorial probability.
- Probability distribution functions – binomial, Poisson, exponential and normal.
- Joint and conditional probability.
- Correlation and regression analysis.
[Also, Check GATE 2020 Answer Key for all Branches]
GATE Syllabus ECE
- Networks, Signals, and Systems.
- Network solution methods
- Nodal and mesh analysis.
- Network theorems: superposition, Thevenin and Norton’s, Maximum power transfer.
- Wye‐Delta transformation
- Steady state sinusoidal analysis using phasors.
- Time domain analysis of simple linear circuits.
- Solution of network equations using Laplace transform.
- Frequency domain analysis of RLC circuits.
- Linear 2‐port network parameters: driving point and transfer functions.
- State equations for networks.
- Continuous-time signals
- Fourier series and Fourier transform representations, sampling theorem and applications.
- Discrete-time signals: discrete-time Fourier transform (DTFT), DFT, FFT, Z-transform, interpolation of discrete-time signals.
- LTI systems: definition and properties, causality, stability, impulse response, convolution, poles, and zeros, parallel andcascade structure, frequency response, group delay, phase delay, digital filter design techniques.
- Electronic Devices
- Energy bands in intrinsic and extrinsic silicon.
- Carrier transport: diffusion current, drift current, mobility and resistivity.
- Generation and recombination of carriers.
- Poisson and continuity equations.
- P-N junction.
- Zener diode.
- MOS capacitor.
- Photo Diode and solar cell.
- Integrated circuit fabrication process: oxidation, diffusion, ion implantation, photolithography and twin-tub CMOS process.
- Analog Circuits
- Small signal equivalent circuits of diodes.
- BJTs and MOSFETs.
- Simple diode circuits: clipping, clamping, and rectifiers.
- Single-stage BJT and MOSFET amplifiers: biasing, bias stability, mid-frequency small signal analysis, and frequency response.
- BJT and MOSFET amplifiers: multi-stage, differential, feedback, power and operational.
- Simple op-amp circuits.
- Active filters.
- Sinusoidal oscillators: Criterion for oscillation, single-transistor, and op-amp configurations.
- Function generators.
- Wave-shaping circuits and 555 timers.
- Voltage reference circuits.
- Power supplies: ripple removal and regulation.
- Digital Circuits
- Number systems.
- Combinatorial circuits: Boolean algebra, minimization of functions using Boolean identities and Karnaugh map, logic gates and their static CMOS implementations, arithmetic circuits, code converters, multiplexers, decoders and PLAs.
- Sequential circuits: latches and flip‐flops, counters, shift registers and finite state machines.
- Data converters: sample and hold circuits, ADCs and DACs.
- Semiconductor memories: ROM, SRAM, DRAM.
- The 8-bit microprocessor (8085): architecture, programming, memory and I/O interfacing.
[Also, Check GATE 2020 Results Online]
- Control Systems
- Basic control system components.
- Feedback principle.
- Transfer function.
- Block diagram representation.
- Signal flow graph.
- Transient and steady-state analysis of LTI systems.
- Frequency response.
- Routh-Hurwitz and Nyquist stability criteria.
- Bode and root locus plots.
- Lag, lead and lag-lead compensation.
- State variable model and solution of state equation of LTI systems.
- Random processes: autocorrelation and power spectral density, properties of white noise, filtering of random signals through LTI systems.
- Analog communications: amplitude modulation and demodulation, angle modulation and demodulation, spectra of AM and FM, superheterodyne receivers, circuits for analog communications.
- Information theory: entropy, mutual information, and channel capacity theorem.
- Digital communications: PCM, DPCM, digital modulation schemes, amplitude, phase and frequency shift keying(ASK, PSK, FSK), QAM, MAP and ML decoding, matched filter receiver, calculation of bandwidth, SNR and BER for digital modulation.
- Fundamentals of error correction.
- Hamming codes.
- Timing and frequency synchronization, inter-symbol interference and its mitigation.
- Basics of TDMA, FDMA, and CDMA.
- Maxwell’s equations: differential and integral forms and their interpretation, boundary conditions, wave equation, Poynting vector.
- Plane waves and properties: reflection and refraction, polarization, phase and group velocity, propagation through various media, skin depth.
- Transmission lines: equations, characteristic impedance, impedance matching, impedance transformation, S-parameters, Smith chart.
- Waveguides: modes, boundary conditions, cut-off frequencies, dispersion relations.
- Antennas: Antenna types, radiation pattern, gain and directivity, return loss, antenna arrays.
- Basics of radar.
- Light propagation in optical fibers.
Click on the below link to download the GATE Electronics Exam Syllabus in pdf file. Visit our website regularly to get the latest GATE Notification, GATE 2020 Syllabus for ECE, and GATE Previous Papers, etc.