- 1 GATE Syllabus for EEE – GATE Electrical Syllabus
GATE Syllabus for EEE is available here. we update latest GATE 2020 syllabus for EEE pdf download. Along with the GATE Exam syllabus, you will also see the GATE EEE study material free download pdf. Check GATE EEE Exam Syllabus, Preparation tips.
|GATE Electrical Engineering Exam Date is February 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th, 2020|
GATE Syllabus for EEE – GATE Electrical Syllabus
Are you in search of GATE Syllabus for EEE? Then you are at right place to download the GATE Syllabus 2020. Knowing Syllabus for GATE Exam is an important thing for the candidates to crack the GATE Exam. In India, GATE is one of the toughest exams for the candidates who are pursuing their graduation degree, or the applicants those completed it. There are many benefits once you crack the GATE Exam. The First Step to crack the GATE Exam is to check the GATE Syllabus along with the GATE Exam Pattern. Most of the candidates surfing in the internet for latest GATE Syllabus to check the changes in it. Finally, all are reached the correct place.
GATE Electrical and Electronics Engineering Syllabus deals with the topics like Electrical, Electronic Devices, Utilization, Machines, Power Systems, etc. So, candidates are advised to download the GATE Electrical Syllabus before going to take the written exam. The Complete details of GATE EEE Syllabus are listed below. You may also check the GATE Syllabus for Electrical in this article. We also provide the gate 2020 syllabus for electrical engineering pdf. So, interested candidates need to download the GATE Syllabus for EEE by click on the link enclosed below.
[Also, Check: GATE 2020 Notification & Organizing Institute]
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern For Electrical Engineering
|Subject Name||No.of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Aptitude||10||15||3 Hrs|
|Mathematics + Electrical Subjects||55||85|
|Total||65 Questions||100 Marks|
GATE Exam Pattern for Electrical Engineering for is tabulated above. So, candidates those who are going to take the GATE exam for EEE paper need to check the GATE 2020 Test Pattern. The GATE Written Test is as follows.
Highlights of GATE Exam Pattern 2020
- GATE 2020 is an Objective Paper.
- The GATE Exam is conducted for a total of 100 Marks.
- The GATE Exam Papers consists of Two Sections Namely Aptitude and Technical Subject.
- In Aptitude, first 5 Questions carry ONE Mark; next 5 Questions Carries TWO Marks each.
- Section Covered the topics like Engineering Mathematics and Electrical Subjects.
- There shall be of 1/3rd Negative Marking on ONE Mark Questions, and 2/3rd Negative Marking on TWO Marks Questions.
- No Negative Marking for Numerical Answer Type Questions.
GATE EEE Syllabus Topic Wise – GATE Exam Syllabus For EEE
Below we listed the Topics which are covered in the GATE Electrical Engineering. So, note down the topics. GATE EE Exam Paper consists of Two Sections Namely Section I (Engineering Mathematics)and Section II(Electrical Engineering). View GATE Syllabus for EEE for all subjects.
Section I (Engineering Mathematics) Topics
- Linear Algebra
- Matrix Algebra.
- Systems of linear equations.
- Mean value theorems.
- Theorems of integral calculus.
- Evaluation of definite and improper integrals.
- Partial Derivatives.
- Maxima and minima.
- Multiple integrals.
- Fourier series.
- Vector identities.
- Directional derivatives.
- Line integral.
- Surface integral.
- Volume integral.
- Stokes’s theorem.
- Gauss’s theorem.
- Green’s theorem.
- Differential Equations
- First order equations (linear and nonlinear).
- Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients.
- The method of variation of parameters.
- Cauchy’s equation.
- Euler’s equation.
- Initial and boundary value problems.
- Partial Differential Equations.
- The method of separation of variables.
- Complex variables
- Analytic functions.
- Cauchy’s integral theorem.
- Cauchy’s integral formula.
- Taylor series.
- Laurent series.
- Residue theorem.
- Solution integrals.
- Probability and Statistics
- Sampling theorems.
- Conditional probability.
- Standard Deviation.
- Random variables.
- Discrete and Continuous Distributions.
- Poisson distribution.
- Normal distribution.
- Binomial distribution.
- Correlation analysis.
- Regression analysis
- Numerical Methods
- Solutions of nonlinear algebraic equations.
- Single and Multi‐step methods for differential equations.
- Transform Theory
- Fourier Transform.
- Laplace Transform.
[Also, Check GATE 2020 Answer Key for all Branches]
GATE Syllabus for EEE – Section II (Electrical Engineering) Topics
- Electric Circuits
- Network graph.
- Node and Mesh analysis.
- Transient response of dc and ac networks.
- Sinusoidal steady‐state analysis.
- Passive filters.
- Ideal current and voltage sources.
- Thevenin’s theorem.
- Norton’s theorem.
- Superposition theorem.
- Maximum power transfer theorem.
- Two‐port networks.
- Three phase circuits.
- Power and power factor in ac circuit.
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Coulomb’s Law.
- Electric Field Intensity.
- Electric Flux Density.
- Gauss’s Law.
- Electric field and potential due to point line, plane, and spherical charge distributions.
- Effect of the dielectric medium.
- The capacitance of simple configurations.
- Biot‐Savart’s law.
- Ampere’s law.
- Faraday’s law.
- Lorentz force.
- Magnetomotive force.
- Magnetic Circuits.
- Self and Mutual inductance of simple configurations.
- Signals and Systems
- Representation of continuous and discrete‐time signals.
- Shifting and scaling operations.
- Linear Time Invariant and Causal systems.
- Fourier series representation of continuous periodic signals.
- Sampling theorem.
- Applications of Fourier Transform.
- Laplace Transform and z-Transform
- Electrical Machines
- Single phase transformer: Equivalent circuit, phasor diagram, open circuit and short circuit tests, regulation, and efficiency.
- Three phase transformers: Connections, parallel operation.
- Auto‐transformer, Electromechanical energy conversion principles,
- DC Machines: Separately excited, series and shunt, motoring and generating mode of operation and
their characteristics, starting and speed control of dc motors.
- Three phase induction motors: principle of operation, types, performance, torque-speed characteristics, no-load
and blocked rotor tests, equivalent circuit, starting and speed control.
- Operating principle of single phase induction motors.
- Synchronous machines: cylindrical and salient pole machines, performance, regulation and parallel operation of generators, starting of synchronous motor, characteristics; Types of losses and efficiency calculations of electric
- Power Systems syllabus for GATE EEE Exam
- Power generation concepts.
- AC and DC transmission concepts.
- Models and performance of transmission lines and cables.
- Series and Shunt compensation.
- Electric field distribution and insulators.
- Distribution systems.
- Per‐unit quantities.
- Bus admittance matrix.
- GaussSeidel and Newton-Raphson load flow methods.
- Voltage and Frequency control.
- Power factor correction.
- Symmetrical components.
- Symmetrical and unsymmetrical fault analysis.
- Principles of over‐current.
- Differential and distance Protection: Circuit breakers, System stability concepts, Equal area criterion.
- Control Systems
- Mathematical modeling and representation of systems.
- Feedback principle.
- Transfer function.
- Block diagrams and Signal flow graph.
- Transient and Steady‐state analysis of linear time-invariant systems.
- Routh-Hurwitz and Nyquist criteria.
- Bode plots.
- Root loci.
- Stability analysis.
- Lag, Lead, and Lead‐Lag compensators.
- P, PI and PID controllers.
- State space model, State transition matrix.
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements
- Bridges and Potentiometers.
- Measurement of voltage.
- Energy and power factor.
- Instrument transformers.
- Digital voltmeters and multimeters.
- Phase, Time and Frequency measurement.
- Error analysis.
[Also, Check GATE 2020 Results Online]
- Analog and Digital Electronics.
- Characteristics of diodes.
- BJT, MOSFET; Simple diode circuits: clipping, clamping, rectifiers.
- Amplifiers: Biasing, Equivalent circuit, and Frequency response.
- Oscillators and Feedback amplifiers.
- Operational amplifiers: Characteristics and applications.
- Simple active filters.
- VCOs and Timers.
- Combinational and Sequential logic circuits.
- Schmitt trigger.
- Sample and hold circuits.
- A/D and D/A converters.
- 8085Microprocessor: Architecture, Programming, and Interfacing.
- Power Electronics
- Characteristics of semiconductor power devices: Diode, Thyristor, Triac, GTO, MOSFET,
- DC to DC conversion: Buck, Boost, and Buck-Boost converters.
- Single and three phase configuration of uncontrolled rectifiers.
- Line-commutated thyristor-based converters.
- Bidirectional ac to dc voltage source converters.
- Issues of line current harmonics.
- Power factor.
- Distortion factor of ac to dc converters.
- Single phase and three phase inverters.
- Sinusoidal pulse width modulation.
- Characteristics of semiconductor power devices: Diode, Thyristor, Triac, GTO, MOSFET,
GATE Preparation Tips For EEE
To Qualify in the GATE Exam, perfect preparation plan is the primary thing for the students. Out of all branches in Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering is one of the popular branches among the candidates. Most of the candidates may think that Qualify in the GATE EEE is a big task for them. For such candidates, we provide GATE Electrical Engineering Syllabus on this page. Just Read this article completely and get the GATE Syllabus for EEE clearly. Download Last year Solved Papers for GATE Exam and Practice them to manage time in the Exam Center.
GATE EEE Syllabus With Weightage – GATE Chapter Wise Weightage Marks
|Subject Name||SET I||SET II||Average Marks|
|Analog & Digital Electronics||12||12||12|
GATE Electrical Engineering Books
The best book to prepare for GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2020 exam is “An Integrated Course In Electrical Engineering by JB Gupta”. This book covers all the topics of GATE Exam. Below tabular form can help to know the subject wise author name.
|Subject Name||Author Name|
|Network Analysis||Van Valken Burg|
|Solutions of Network Analysis||GK Publications|
|Engg. Circuit Analysis||Hayt and Kemmerly|
|Network Analysis||Soni and Gupta|
|Electric Circuits||Schaum’s Series|
|Electronic Devices Circuits||Boylested and Neshelsky|
|Electronic Devices Circuits||Millman and Halkias|
Finally, Click on the below link to download the GATE Syllabus for EEE. Also, check the Jobs through GATE 2020 Score in our site www.entranceexam.io regularly.