GATE Virtual Calculator will be available here for practice purpose. Candidates who are going to appear for GATE Exam can access the virtual calculator through the direct link provided. Also, know the salient features, Do’s, Dont’s, limitations, how to use GATE Calculator at the time of the exam.
Are you looking to get the direct link as well as to practice GATE Virtual Calculator 2018? The officials will release soon the calculator through the official website. The scientific calculator will be as per the calculator you will see on the computer screen at the time of the exam. Applicants can access virtual calculator only at the time of the exam. Conventional calculators are not allowed in the exam. Virtual Calculator of GATE 2018 has a special feature “Help” to tell you Do’s, Dont’s and the limitations of the calculator.
Candidates have to make sure to get sufficient practice on utilizing GATE Online Calculator. Aspirants have to familiarize yourself with all its functionalities and aspects. Learn different functions & their location in the virtual calculator to avoid the last minute rush. So, candidates can practice GATE 2018 Calculator to familiar with it at the time of the attempting the Entrance Exam.
How to Use GATE Virtual Calculator @ gate.iitg.ac.in
The calculator is the online virtual calculator that consists of all the functions and operators to carry out the operators. GATE Online Calculator will be accessible through mouse only, no use of the keyboard. The virtual Calculator for GATE 2018 is same as that of physical calculators with all the operations & functions. But the basic difference is that it is available through online & accessed through the computers available at the exam centers.
GATE 2018 Virtual Calculator – Do’s
- Be sure to press [C] while starting a new calculation.
- Use predefined operators such as Pi, Log, Exp to save the time during calculation.
- Utilize memory functions while calculating cumulative totals.
- [M+]: adds displayed value to the memory.
- [MR]: recalls the stored value in the memory.
- [M-]: subtracts the value displayed from the memory.
- Be sure to select the angle unit (Deg or Rad) at the time of starting the calculations.
GATE 2018 Calculator – Dont’s
- Performing multiple operations together
- Leaving unbalanced parenthesis.
- changing the angle unit while performing the calculation
GATE Calculator 2018 – Limitations
- No keyboard operations take place.
- The output for a fraction calculation is precise upto 14 digits.
- The output for Logarithmic & hyperbolic calculations is precise up to 5 digits.
- The range of value supported by the calculator is 10(-323) to 10 (308).
- Modulus (Mod) operation performed on decimal numbers with 15 digits is not precise.
- Mod operations provide better results for smaller numbers. So, use mod operation only if the number comprises of less than 15 digits.
Virtual Calculator for GATE 2018 – Salient Features
- There are numeric keys for input the digits and operators to carry the operations on the right-hand side of the virtual calculator.
- Scientific functions and operations are available on the left-hand side of the GATE Calculator.
- There are two boxes at the top of the virtual calculator. In the topmost box, all the operations take place and other box shows the result.
- The hyperbolic and trigonometric functions such as sin, cos, tan are grouped together & their inverse is provided just below them.
- Candidates can easily perform the calculations by simply clicking with the help of mouse.
GATE Online Calculator – Highlights
- A Virtual Calculator is a non-programmable calculator.
- Do not bring the physical calculator for the exam.
- GATE Virtual Calculator is not for solving cubic, and quadratic equations.
- All the calculations with GATE 2018 Calculator are done through the mouse, no usage of the keyboard.
The information provided on this page regarding GATE 2018 Virtual Calculator is for the practical purpose of the candidates only. We advise the candidates to practice as much as possible on the calculator. This will help you in an increase of your efficiency and familiarity with all functionalities.
Stay tuned to our site entranceexams.io for further updates regarding All India Entrance Exams.