Download the Latest GATE XE Syllabus 2017-18 Pdf for all Subjects. Check the GATE Syllabus for Engineering Sciences and Exam Pattern of CY, GG, MA, PH, XL, AG, CH, XE, MN, MT, PI, TF, EY. Get the GATE Engineering Science books, Preparation Tips, Study Material and complete Syllabus.
GATE XE Syllabus 2017-18 Pdf
GATE XE 2017 Notification is released for the Eligible candidates. People who are looking for an admission into post graduates program for Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science like Masters, Ph.D., MHRD, and Assistantships, etc., have applied. All those contestants are looking for the GATE XE Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Knowing about the Exam Syllabus & Test Pattern is very important for the exam appearing candidates. For your better preparation, check each and every topic & chapter without missing. Here, we have given the complete GATE Engineering Science Syllabus for every Subject that covered in the Examination. So, go through the below Sections and download the Complete Syllabus of GATE XE Engineering Science.
On this Page, Applicants can find the GATE XE Syllabus Pdf and also Last year Question Papers. Therefore to make your preparation perfect, we also given the GATE Engineering Science books. Hence go to the below Sections and download the CY, GG, MA, PH, XL, AG, CH, XE, MN, MT, PI, TF, EY Syllabus and Exam pattern.
GATE XE Engineering Science Syllabus 2018
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering. It is a national level engineering entrance exam for the Post Graduation in various fields. GATE Exam will conduct jointly by the Indian instituted of Science and Seven Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Guwahati, Delhi, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Madras, and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board. The GATE Examination 2018 is also conducted for other country students such as Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Nepal, Bangladesh, and United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Students who are looking for the GATE admission in universities all over india have to attend the Examination. GATE Examinations for all the papers will be conducted as Computer Based Test only. In the examination, the candidate can get a scribble pad which is used for doing rough work. After completion of the examination, students have to return the scribble pad. During the Examination, invigilators should not allow the candidates to leave the examination hall for any reason.
Download GATE XE Previous Question Papers Pdf.
GATE XE Papers
- Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory) – A
- Fluid Mechanics – B
- Materials Science – C
- Solid mechanics – D
- Thermodynamic – E
- Polymer science and engineering – F
- Food technology – G
- Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences – H
There are three sections in the XE Paper
- Engineering Mathematics – A
- General Aptitude – GA
- Any two of XE sections B to H
Candidates can choose the the two Sections from B to H during the examination. They have to answer two optional subjects only at a time. If a candidate wants to change the subject, Firstly deselect the previously chosen subject and select the other section which you want to answer.
GATE CY, GG, MA, PH, XL Exam Pattern 2018
|General Aptitude||15% of total marks weigh||15 marks|
|Subject Questions||85% of total marks weigh||85 Marks|
GATE XE Exam Pattern for AG, CH, XE, MN, MT, PI, TF, EY
|Engineering Mathematics||15% of total marks weigh||15 Marks|
|General Aptitude||15% of total marks weigh||15 Marks|
|Subject Questions||70% of total marks weigh||70 Marks|
General Aptitude Questions
All the papers in GATE Examination will have a few questions on General Aptitude (Language and Analytical Skills) apart from the core subject.
GATE XE Question Paper Structure
The Papers having the codes AE, AG, CE, BT, CH, EC, CS, EE, IN, MN, ME, MT, PI, PE, TF, and XE will have the following Marks for each subject in the Question paper.
- Engineering Mathematics carries around 15% of the total marks.
- General Aptitude section carries 15%
- And the remaining 70% of the total marks is carried by the Technical subjects chosen by the candidate.
For AR, CY, GG, EY, PH, MA, and XL:
- General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks.
- And the remaining 85% of the total marks is from the Technical Subject chosen by the candidate.
GATE XE Engineering Sciences Exam Paper Marking Scheme
- Out of 100 Marks, the General Aptitude will have the weightage of 15 Marks.
- This section (Section A) is compulsory for all papers.
- It contains 11 questions which carry 15 Marks.
- Out of 11 questions, 7 questions carry 1 mark each (Sub-total 7 marks).
- And remaining 4 questions carry 2 marks each (sub-total 8 marks).
XE paper (Sections B through H):
- This Section contains 22 questions carrying a total of 35 marks.
- Among 22 questions, 9 questions carry one mark each (sub-total nine marks).
- And 13 questions carry two marks each (sub-total 26 marks).
GATE Exam Pattern 2018
|Subject Name||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Aptitude||10||15||3 Hrs|
|Mathematics + Technical Subjects||55||85|
|Total||65 Questions||100 Marks|
General Aptitude Test Engineering Examination Details:
- Exam Time: 3 hours.
- Total No. of Questions – 65 Q.
- Questions will be MCQ type & Numerical Answer Type.
- Total Marks – 100.
- Multiple Choice Questions carry 1 or 2 marks in each section.
- And Numerical Answer Questions also carry 1 or 2 marks.
- Exam type – Online.
Download GATE 2018 XE Syllabus pdf
Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory) – A
- Linear Algebra
- Vector Calculus
- Complex variables
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Partial Differential Equations
- Probability and Statistics
- Numerical Methods
GATE XE Syllabus for Fluid Mechanics – B
- Flow and Fluid Properties
- Integral analysis
- Differential Analysis
- Inviscid flows
- Dimensional analysis
- Internal flows
- Prandtl boundary layer equations
Materials Science – C
- Processing of Materials
- Characterisation Techniques
- Structure and Imperfections
- Thermodynamics and Kinetics
- Properties of Materials
- Material types
- Environmental Degradation
- Elements of Quantum Mechanics and Mathematics
Solid Mechanics – D
Thermodynamic – E
- Basic Concepts
- First Law of Thermodynamics
- Second Law of Thermodynamics
- Properties of Pure Substances
- Thermodynamic Relations
- Thermodynamic Cycles
- Ideal Gas Mixtures
Syllabus for Polymer Science and Engineering – F
- Polymer Characterization
- Polymer blends and composites
- Synthesis and properties
- Polymer Technology
- Polymer rheology
- Chemistry of high polymers
- Polymer processing
- Polymer testing
GATE XE Syllabus for Syllabus for Food Technology – G
- Food Chemistry and Nutrition
- Food Microbiology
- Engineering in Food
- Food Products Technology
Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences – H
- Atmospheric Science
- Ocean Sciences