- 1 PGIMER 2019 Overview
- 1.1 PGIMER 2019 Courses Offered
- 1.2 PGIMER Notification 2019
- 1.3 PGI Chandigarh MD/MS 2019 Eligibility
- 1.4 PGIMER Application Form 2019
- 1.5 PGIMER 2019 Exam Dates – www.pgimer.edu.in
- 1.6 PGI MD/MS Entrance Exam Centers 2019
- 1.7 Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Reservation Criteria
- 1.8 PGIMER 2019 Syllabus
- 1.9 PGIMER Exam Pattern 2019
- 1.10 PGIMER Previous Papers
- 1.11 Download PGIMER Admit Card 2019 @ pgimer.edu.in
- 1.12 PGIMER Answer Key 2019
- 1.13 PGIMER 2019 Cut Off Marks
- 1.14 PGIMER Results 2019
- 1.15 PGIMER 2019 Rank Card
- 1.16 PGIMER Counselling 2019
- 1.17 PGI Chandigarh Contact Details
- 1.18 PGIMER 2019 Important Links
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh is a medical institution which provides the admissions in the field of medicine. It is a university level exam organized two times in a year. The PGI Exam is conducted in two sessions in a year. January & July.
Through this entrance exam, the institution provides the admissions into 213 seats in 20 post graduate courses in private and government colleges/universities. The institution organises the PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam every year to offer the admissions into MD, MS, DM, MDS, and other PG courses.
PGIMER 2019 Overview
|Name of the Organization||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research|
|Exam Name||PGI 2019|
|Level of Exam||University level|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Date of Exam||26th May 2019|
PGIMER 2019 Courses Offered
The medical, paramedical & nursing courses offered through PGI 2019 Exam are provided. The various courses provided by the PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2019 are as follows.
- MS (Master of Surgery) – 3 Years Duration
- MD (Doctor of Medicine) – 3 Years Duration
- Community Medicine
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Transfusion Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Masters in Hospital Administration (2 years)
Masters in Public Health (2 years)
- DM – 3 Years Duration
- Addiction Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Cardiac Anesthesia
- Clinical Hematology
- Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatrics Critical Care
- Pediatric Neonatology
- Pediatric Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- MCh – 3 Years Duration
- Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
- Pediatrics Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- MDS – 3 Years Duration
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- PhD. (All Medical/Non-Medical Discipline) – 3 Years
- Post MD Certificate – 1-year duration
- Under Graduate
- Post Graduate
- B.Sc Nursing – 4 Years
- B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) – 2 Years
- M.Sc Nursing in following specialities – 2 Years
- Paediatric Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Obstetric and Gynae Nursing
- Community health Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing (critical care nursing, cardiothoracic nursing, neurology nursing, nephrology and urology nursing)
- Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Nursing
PGIMER Notification 2019
The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research has released the PGIMER 2019 Notification. Candidates who are willing to join in the medical courses can utilise this opportunity without missing this chance. As the PGI Chandigarh entrance test is conducted in two sessions in January & July. Aspirants who have missed in applying for the exam in January session can appear for July session.
Candidates who are interested in applying for the exam can check the eligibility for the exam. Eligible candidates fill & submit the application form through online before the last date. The details of PGI Exam such as eligibility, application form, exam dates, syllabus, previous papers, counselling, etc through this article.
PGI Chandigarh MD/MS 2019 Eligibility
Candidates have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to apply for PGI Chandigarh 2019 Exam.
- Applicants should be the Indian Nationals.
The qualification is different for the different courses. so, candidates have to check the educational qualification carefully before applying for the PGIMER Exam.
For MD/MS courses:
- Candidates should have completed MBBS or the equivalent degree recognised by the MCI (Medical Council of India).
For MDS Programs:
- Aspirants should hold a BDS degree from Punjab University or any other university recognised by DCI (Dental Council of India).
For MCh Courses:
- Contenders must have completed MS or equivalent from a recognised MCI.
For DM Programmes:
- Candidates must hold an MD/MS or equivalent degree in any subject from a recognised MCI.
PGIMER Application Form 2019
The PGIMER 2019 Application Form is available through online. No other mode of applications is accepted. Interested & eligible candidates of the exam can fill & submit the application form as soon as possible.
How to Fill the PGIMER 2019 Application Form
- Visit official website.
- PGI Online Registration.
- Fill the details.
- Upload Documents, Photo & Signature.
- Fee Payment.
- Take the confirmation page.
- Submit the hard copy of Application form to below address.
The Office of Registrar,
PGIMER, Sector 12,
PGI Chandigarh MD/MS Entrance Exam Application Fee
Candidates have to pay the registration fee of Rs. 1000/- for general and Rs. 800/- for SC/ST candidates. The payment can be done in two ways.
For Non-SBI Account holder
- The payment can be done through challan payment of SBI Bank in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh in the Power Jyothi Account Number 32211613319.
For SBI Account Holder
- Candidates who have SBI Account can pay the fees through i-collect service No. 32222954695.
Finally, candidates have to write the name, address, contact number, and course name on the back side of the challan form.
PGIMER 2019 Exam Dates – www.pgimer.edu.in
|Starting Date for Registration through Online||18th March 2019|
|Last Date to submit the Application form||18th April 2019|
|Closing Date to deposit the fee||18th April 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||3th May 2019|
|Exam Date||26th May 2019|
|Result Declaration||28th May 2019|
|Counselling||14th June 2019|
PGI MD/MS Entrance Exam Centers 2019
The cities of Chandigarh are the PGI Entrance Exam 2019 Test Centers. Candidates have to choose the test centres at the time of filling the Application form.
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Reservation Criteria
The percentage reservation of the seats to the applicants of the PGIMER 2019 is as follows.
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Candidates who have worked or working in rural areas with less than 5000 population for minimum period of 2 years in MD/MS course||5%|
The No. of seats available in the different courses for the applicants of PGI Chandigarh MD/MS Entrance Exam 2019.
|Course||No. of Seats|
PGIMER 2019 Syllabus
The PGIMER Syllabus is decided by Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research. The exam paper consists of the questions from Pre-Clinical, Clinical & Para-Clinical. The PGI Chandigarh MD/MS Entrance Exam 2019 Syllabus is different for different courses comprising some of the following subjects.
- Applied Anatomy
- Applied BioChemistry
- Applied Physiology
- Immunogenetic Molecular Biology
- Forensic Medicine
- Social Preventive Medicine
- Radio Diagnosis
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Obst. & Gynecology, etc.
PGIMER Exam Pattern 2019
PGIMER Chandigarh 2019 Exam Pattern consists of the following.
- The question paper has 250 MCQ’s (Objective Type Questions).
- PGI Exam is conducted through offline (pen &papaer based) exam.
- The exam is conducted in the English language.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- There is negative marking for incorrect answers.
PGI Chandigarh MD/MS Entrance Exam 2019 Pattern
|Course||No. of Questions||Duration||Negative Marking|
|DM/M.Ch||MCQ type theory paper||1 1/2 hour||Yes|
|MDS||100||1 1/2 hour||No|
PGIMER Previous Papers
Candidates can download the PGIMER Previous year Question Papers for free of cost through online. As there is a tough competition, candidates have to prepare with utmost concentration. Aspirants can take the Online practice test or mock tests which improve the speediness, accuracy, etc while attempting the exam.
Download PGIMER Admit Card 2019 @ pgimer.edu.in
Candidates who have successfully registered for the exam have to download the PGIMER 2019 Admit Card. To download the hall ticket, candidates have to enter the application number & password. The details mentioned in the admit card are as below. Candidates have to check the details carefully before downloading the hall ticket.
Details in PGIMER 2019 Hall ticket
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Exam Date & Timing
- Centre of the Exam
PGIMER Answer Key 2019
The PGIMER takes the strict rules in the release of question papers and its answer keys for different courses. As the exam is of pen and paper based, candidates have to return the question paper to the invigilator after the completion of the PGI Exam. So, all the candidates those who have attended the Exam may download their PGIMER 2019 Key from the official website.
PGIMER 2019 Cut Off Marks
The cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks the candidates have to score in the exam. The PGIMER Cut Off Marks 2019 is as follows.
- For General Candidates: 55%
- For SC/ST/OBC/PH Aspirants: 50%
PGIMER Results 2019
The PGIMER 2019 Result is declared for the candidates who have reached the minimum qualifying marks in the exam. The general candidates have to score 55% marks and 50% of the marks for OBC/PH/SC/ST candidates to qualify in the exam. The merit list will be prepared by the officials on the basis of the score obtained by the candidates.
PGIMER 2019 Rank Card
The PGIMER Rank card 2019 includes the rank and score obtained by the candidates in the exam. Candidates who have got more score will get a better rank. Candidates have to keep the score card safely until you get the admissions in the MD/MS or other courses.
PGIMER Counselling 2019
The PGIMER 2019 Counselling will be held in four rounds as decided by PGI, Chandigarh. The officials will call the qualified candidates for the counselling on the basis of rank obtained in the exam.
The final seat allocation into MD/MS courses is based on the merit list or personal counselling. Candidates who are not satisfied with the seats allocated in the first counselling have the chance to attend for second counselling.
Note: Candidates who want to get the admissions in MBBS/BDS courses have to appear for NEET 2019. The MBBS/BDS seats are provided to the aspirants through NEET 2019.
The information provided here regarding PGIMER Chandigarh 2019 Exam is for the reference purpose only. Candidates can refer the official website for future use. For any queries, contact the officials through the address provided below.
PGI Chandigarh Contact Details
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research,
We have provided the complete details of PGI Chandigarh Entrance Exam 2019 through this article. Also, we have attached the links provided below for some more information regarding each category of PGIMER 2019 Exam.
PGIMER 2019 Important Links
The PGI Chandigarh 2017 important download links are shared here through the below table. Candidates can go through these links to know further information of PGIMER Exam 2019.
|PGIMER Notification||PGIMER Online Registration|
|PGIMER Previous Papers||PGIMER 2017 Admit Card|
|PGIMER Results 2017||PGI Answer Key|