- 1 Southern Railway Recruitment 2017 – 658 Apprentice posts
- 1.1 Latest Southern Railway Vacancy Details
- 1.2 Southern Railway Apprentice Recruitment 2017
- 1.3 Eligibility Criteria of RRC SR Recruitment 2017
- 1.4 658 www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in Act Apprentice jobs
- 1.5 How to Apply for Southern Railway Act Apprentice Recruitment 2017?
- 1.6 Download Southern Railway Trade Apprentice Notification 2017
Southern Railway Recruitment 2017 Notification released. Apply for these 658 Sothern Railway Apprentice Jobs before 15th July 2017. More on this topic such as RRC SR Vacancy, Southern Railway Eligibility, etc. are mentioned in detail below.
Southern Railway Recruitment 2017 – 658 Apprentice posts
Here is a good news for candidates looking for Railway Jobs. Southern Railway has recently released a notification on 15th June 2017 for filling the vacancies of 658 Apprentice posts in various units. The aspirants who have registered with an employment exchange in the states of Tamilnadu, Kerala, and Pondicherry are only eligible to apply for this Southern Railway Recruitment 2017. The officials of RRC Southern Railway are providing you a chance to forward your applications to the concerned officer upto 15th July 2017.
These 658 Southern Railway Apprentice Jobs is the wonderful opportunity for the individuals who wish to work with the Indian Railways. These vacancies are divided into Freshers and Ex. ITI categories. Postulants can apply for either of this categories but not for both. Candidates selected under this Southern Railway Apprentice Recruitment 2017 must undergo training in the allotted division. But the training period varies for each trade.
Here on this page, we have provided the No. of Vacancies available for each unit, Age limit, Upper Age Relaxation, Important dates, application fee, etc. of the Southern Railway Chennai Recruitment 2017. Aspirants can also download the Southern Railway Trade Apprentice Notification 2017 in the pdf format below. Hence read the complete article and apply for RRC SR Apprentice Jobs before the last date, i.e., 15/07/2017.
Latest Southern Railway Vacancy Details
|S.no.||Name of the Post||Trade Name||No of Vacancies|
|1.||Trade Apprentice||Carriage and Wagon Workshop/ Perambur- Freshers & Ex. ITI||300|
|2.||Electrical Workshop/ Perambur – Freshers and Ex. ITI||138|
|3.||Loco Works/ Perambur – Ex. ITI only||53|
|4.||Chennai Division – ELS/ AJJ – Ex. ITI only||13|
|5.||Chennai Division – RS/ AVD – only Ex. ITI||17|
|6.||Engineering Workshop/ Arakkonam – Ex. ITI||28|
|7.||Chennai Division – RSITBM – Ex. ITI||60|
|8.||Chennai Division – C&W/ BBQ -Ex. ITI||15|
|9.||DSLlTNP of Chennai Division – Ex. ITI only||14|
|10.||Chennai Division – RS/ RPM – Ex. ITI||17|
|11.||Railway Hospital/ Perambur – Fresher & Ex. ITI||03|
Here we have given the trade wise RRC Southern Railway Apprentice Vacancy details in the above table. For category wise vacancy details, refer the official notification given below.
Southern Railway Apprentice Recruitment 2017
|Name of the Organization||Railway Recruitment Cell, Southern Railway|
|Post name||Act Apprentices|
|Number of vacancies||658 posts|
|Application mode||Offline mode|
|Starting Date to send Southern Railway Apprentice Application form||15th June 2017|
|Closing Date for the submission of application form||15th July 2017|
Eligibility Criteria of RRC SR Recruitment 2017
The Eligibility criteria of Southern Railway Recruitment 2017 specify the age limit, educational qualification, and nationality of the candidates. So, before applying for this notification, one should read the eligibility criteria of Southern Railway Apprentice Recruitment 2017 thoroughly to know whether they are eligible or not.
Age Limit for Southern Railway Chennai Recruitment
|Category||Minimum age||Maximum age|
|Fresher category (Welder, Carpenter, Painter, Fitter, Electrician, and R&AC)||15 years||22 years|
|Medical Laboratory Technician (Fresher category)||15 years||24 years|
|Ex. ITI category (all trades)||15 years||24 years|
- OBC category: 3 years.
- SC/ ST candidates: 5 years.
- For PH candidates: 10 years.
Educational Qualification for Southern Railway Apprentice 2017
- Fresher category: Candidates applying for RRC SR Apprentice Recruitment 2017 must have passed 10th class under 10+2 system from a recognized board.
- Ex. ITI category: Aspirants must have completed 10th class under 10+2 system and ITI course in the relevant trade from a government recognized ITI.
Also, check RRB ALP Notification 2017 here.
658 www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in Act Apprentice jobs
The selection procedure, application process, examination fee, pay scale, etc. of Southern Railway Recruitment 2017 are mentioned below. So, let’s have a look at these in the below sections.
Postulants of Southern Railway Apprentice Recruitment 2017 will be selected based on the Merit list. The officials will prepare the merit list by following the procedure given below.
- Fresher category: minimum 50% in aggregate marks in the Matriculation.
- Ex. ITI category: minimum 50% in aggregate marks in the Matriculation + ITI marks.
If two candidates were having same marks, then the officials will prefer the older candidate.
Candidates of Southern Railway Apprentice Notification 2017 need to pay the application fee using crossed Indian Postal order. It should be drawn in the favor of Workshop Personnel Officer, Carriage and Wagon Works, Southern Railway, Perambur, Chennai – 600 023 payable at Chennai.
- For General/ Unreserved categories: Rs. 100/-.
- SC/ ST/ PWD/ Female candidates: Nil.
Stipend for 658 Southern Railway Apprentice posts
- During the 1st year of training: Rs. 5,700/- per month.
- Throughout 2nd year training: Rs. 6,500/- per month.
- During 3rd & 4th year of training: Rs. 7,350/- per month.
How to Apply for Southern Railway Act Apprentice Recruitment 2017?
- First of all, visit the official website, i.e., www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in
- Search for the Southern Railway Apprentice 2017 Notification.
- Read the notification carefully before filling the application form.
- Now download the RRC Southern Railway Application form. You can also get the application form from the below link.
- Fill the application form with correct details.
- Affix a recent passport size photograph in the given space.
- Finally, send the duly filled RRC SR Apprentice Application form to the below address before the last date.
Workshop Personnel Officer,
Office of The Chief Workshop Manager,
Carriage and Wagon works,
Ayanavaram, Chennai – 600023.
Enclosures with SR Apprentice Application form
- Attested copy of Date of Birth Certificate.
- Attested copy of a certificate of the Proof of Academic qualification (For Freshers category).
- In the case of Ex. ITI, Self attested copies of certificate in proof of Academic and Technical qualification.
- Disability certificate (if applicable).
- Attested or Online registered copy of Employment Registration card.
Download Southern Railway Trade Apprentice Notification 2017
Here I have given the direct link to download the official notification and application form of 658 SR Trade Apprentice posts. So, download and send the application form before the last date.
If you found this article about Southern Railway Recruitment 2017 was helpful for you, please do share with your friends. Moreover, if you have any doubts, feel free to ask your queries in the comment section below. Our team will reach you earliest and solve it for sure. Also, Stay tuned with our www.entranceexams.io site for more details about all State/ Central Government Jobs and Entrance Exams in India.