- 1 SSC CGL Syllabus 2021
- 1.1 SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2021
- 1.2 Syllabus of SSC CGL Exam 2017
- 1.3 SSC CGL 2021 Syllabus Pdf
- 1.4 Overview of SSC CGL Exam Syllabus 2021 – www.ssc.nic.in
- 1.5 Download Syllabus of SSC CGL 2021-22
- 1.6 SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2021
- 1.7 Section wise SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus 2021
- 1.8 Detailed SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
- 1.9 SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- 1.10 SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus
SSC CGL Syllabus 2021 available here. Postulants who have applied for the SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2021 can check the SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus and Exam Pattern here. Here I have provided the topic wise SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III exam in detail below. So, download the Latest SSC CGL Exam Syllabus and Combined Graduate Level Exam Pattern from the below sections of this article.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2021
Staff Selection Commission has recently announced the SSC CGL Tier I 2021 Exam Date. As per the latest news, the officials will conduct the SSC CGL Exam 2021 from 1st August 2021 to 20th August 2021. So, if you are preparing for this SSC CGL Exam, then you should be aware with the SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus 2021 so that you can start your preparation accordingly. Also, this is the time to roll up sleeves and start the preparation for this SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination. So, with the aim of helping the candidates like you, we have provided the detailed SSC CGL Syllabus 2021 and SSC CGL 2021 Exam Pattern in our site.
All the candidates are requested to follow this Syllabus to crack SSC CGL Exam 2021 easily. Because we all know that learning in a systematic way is the main key to success; so go through this syllabus and SSC CGL New Exam Pattern 2021 and prepare hard for the exam. Candidates can also get SSC CGL Study Material Pdf from our entranceexams.io site.
SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2021
The Staff Selection Commission is one of the most significant organizations that provide the government jobs in India. Every year, the officials will conduct this Combined Graduate Level Exam in various pre-decided exam centers. Through SSC CGL Recruitment 2021, the officials will recruit the applicants into Grade B and C Category Posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations. The SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam is conducted in four phases namely Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 & Tier 4. So, if you are aiming for SSC CGL 2021 Exam, then you should start your preparations by having the clearly defined updated SSC CGL Syllabus 2021 for all the phases i.e., Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV. The scheme of SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam (SSC CGLE) is as given in the below table.
Scheme of SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam
|Tier I exam||Computer based exam|
|SSC CGL Tier II Exam||Computer based exam|
|Tier III||Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)|
|Tier IV||Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/
Also, check SSC CPO Syllabus 2021 here.
Syllabus of SSC CGL Exam 2017
If you have appeared in the SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam 2021, then you have an added advantage, that as you are already familiar with the Syllabus and Exam Pattern, are there won’t by any changes in the Syllabus for CGL 2021 Exam, as SSC had already made a lot of changes in the SSC CGL Syllabus and Pattern of the exam, and these changes will be retained for future SSC CGL Exam.
But, If you are a fresher, and this is your First Experience in CGL Exam, then don’t worry, as, in this post, we will discuss in detail the Scheme, Pattern, and Syllabus for SSC CGL 2021 Exam. We will separately discuss the Syllabus for Tier-1, Tier-2, and Tier-3 stages in the below sections. Before that check the SSC CGL Exam Date for all Tier I, II, III, and IV exam.
SSC CGL 2021 Syllabus Pdf
When it comes to finding the syllabus or pattern for the competitive exams like SSC, it becomes a tiresome activity and the people in search of that latest and well-defined syllabus may loose focus from their main goal. But our team has always tried to help the students by making the learning process a lot simpler and easier. Hence, by referring the updated SSC CGL Syllabus 2021, candidates can save their valuable time that they spend in collecting required details regarding the syllabus from different sources. So, download the SSC CGL 2021 Syllabus Pdf from the below sections.
Besides this, we are also providing the SSC CGL Previous Papers and Model Question Papers. So, I advise all the candidates to collect these SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers from this page and start your preparation. These are the actual papers that come in the exam. So, you can keep them as a reference for the SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2021.
Overview of SSC CGL Exam Syllabus 2021 – www.ssc.nic.in
|Board Name||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Name||SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2021 (SSC CGL)|
|Name of the Post||Various posts|
|No. of Vacancies||3805 posts|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Date||1st August 2021 to 20th August 2021|
|AAO Paper II Exam Date||10th & 11th November 2021|
|Work Location||Anywhere in India|
Download Syllabus of SSC CGL 2021-22
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus & Pattern||SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus Pdf|
|SSC CGL Descriptive Paper Syllabus||Tier 4 SSC CGL Detailed Syllabus|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2021
The SSC CGL Exam Pattern for both Tier I and Tier II Exam is given clearly in the table below. So, go through the below tables and start your preparation.
SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern
|Part||Subject Name||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
SSC CGL New Exam Pattern for Tier I
- The SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is an objective type test which was conducted online.
- Tier I exam consists of four sections.
- Each section of SSC CGL 2021 Exam consists of 25 questions each carries 2 marks.
- The total duration of this exam is 1 hour. Whereas for the visually handicapped candidates, the time duration is 80 minutes.
- There is a negative marking in SSC CGL Tier I exam 2021. That means for every wrong answer, it leads to a penalty of 0.5 marks for each section.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
|Paper||Name of the Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|4||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
Tier II Exam Pattern of SSC CGL 2021
- SSC CGL Tier II exam is an objective type exam which was also conducted online.
- There is a total of 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam.
- Section 1, 3, and 4 consists of 100 questions and section 2 consists of 200 questions.
- The total duration of the exam is 2 hours. But for the candidates who are visually handicapped, the duration is 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- Paper 1 and Paper 2 are compulsory for all the posts.
- The Paper 3 is only for the Statistical Investigator Gr II and Compiler posts.
- Whereas the Paper 4 is only for Assistant Audit Officer post.
- There is a negative marking in SSC CGL Tier II exam 2021. That means for every wrong answer, it leads to a penalty of 0.5 marks for each section in Papers 1, 3, and 4. Whereas for the Paper 2, if you give a wrong answer to a question, it leads to a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- The officials will set the questions in Paper-I of 10th standard level, and Paper-2 of 10+2 standard level. Whereas Paper-3 and 4 are of graduation level.
- The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose.
Also, check SBI Clerk Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2021.
SSC CGL Tier III Exam Pattern
|Section||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|Descriptive Paper in English/ Hindi||100||1 Hour|
CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern
- The SSC CGL Tier 3 exam is of the descriptive type that was designed to test the writing skills of the candidate.
- The questions of Tier III SSC CGL Exam 2021 are framed based on the 10+2 standard level.
- SSC CGL Tier III Exam carries 100 marks.
- The total duration allotted for this exam is 60 minutes. Whereas for the visually handicapped candidates or those suffering from cerebral palsy, the total duration is 80 minutes.
Tier 4 Exam Pattern of SSC CGL Exam
|Exam name||Topic name||Exam Duration|
|Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for post of Assistant Section Officer in CSS and MEA only||Word Processing/ Excel/ PowerPoint||45 Minutes|
|Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)||2000 depressions for a given passage||15 minutes|
The SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier 1 exam plays a crucial role in the preparation of the written exam. If you have already applied for the exam and not yet started your preparation, then check the SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus from our site and start your preparation from today itself. Because to crack the written exam of any government organizations, one should make a perfect study plan. Hence for better preparation and also in helping you in making the perfect study plan, we are providing the updated Syllabus of SSC CGL Exam 2021 on this page.
The main intention behind providing this SSC CGL 2021 Syllabus was the candidates must know the pattern of the exam before writing the exam so that one can judge what to read and what not to read. The Section wise SSC CGL Syllabus PDF for Tier I exam is as follows. But before that one should know the topics included in the SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam. The SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam consists of four parts as shown in the below table.
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning|
SSC CGL General Intelligence & Reasoning Syllabus
It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on the following topics.
- Similarities and differences.
- Space visualization.
- Spatial orientation.
- Decision making.
- Visual memory.
- Discrimination, observation, relationship concepts.
- Arithmetical reasoning and figural classification.
- Arithmetic number series.
- Non-verbal series.
- Coding and decoding.
- Statement conclusion.
- Syllogistic reasoning.
- Semantic Analogy.
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy.
- Figural Analogy.
- Semantic Classification.
- Symbolic/ Number Classification.
- Figural Classification.
- Semantic Series.
- Number Series.
- Figural Series.
- Problem Solving.
- Word Building.
- Coding & Decoding.
- Numerical Operations.
- Symbolic Operations.
- Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization.
- Venn Diagrams.
- Drawing inferences.
- Punched hole/ pattern –folding & un-folding.
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion.
- Address matching.
- Date & city matching.
- Classification of center codes/ roll numbers.
- Small and Capital letters/ numbers.
- Coding, decoding, and classification.
- Embedded Figures.
- Critical thinking.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
Tier 1 SSC CGL English Syllabus
- Questions on Fill in the Blanks.
- Jumbled sentences (ordering).
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words.
- One word substitution.
- Sentence improvement.
- Common errors.
- Cloze test.
SSC CGL General Awareness Syllabus Tier I
- Economic Science.
- Current Affairs.
- General Policy and Scientific Research.
Numerical Aptitude Syllabus of SSC CGL 2021 Exam
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Profit and Loss.
- Time and distance.
- Time & Work.
- Partnership Business.
- Elementary Surds.
- Square roots.
- Regular Polygons.
- Rectangular Parallelepiped.
- Right Circular Cone.
- Right Circular Cylinder.
- Trigonometric Ratio.
- Heights and Distances.
- Frequency Polygon.
- Mixture and Allegation.
- Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Basic Algebraic identities of School Algebra.
- Complementary angles.
- Right Prism.
- Pie chart.
- Bar Diagram.
- Standard Identities.
- Degree and Radian Measures.
Also, check RRB ALP Exam Syllabus 2021 here.
Detailed SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
We all know that SSC CGL Tier I is mandatory for all the posts and its marks is added for further process as well. So, if you do not clear cut-off of SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam then you will not be eligible for Tier II. With the aim of helping the eligible candidates of Tier II exam, we are providing the detailed SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus Pdf here. Also, knowing the Tier 2 SSC CGL Syllabus 2021 before starting your preparation helps you score good marks in the exam. Hence all the applied candidates are requested to follow this SSC Combined Graduate Level Syllabus 2021 to crack the exam easily.
SSC CGL Tier II Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Number Theory (LCM, HCF, Prime nos. etc.).
- Time and work.
- Time and distance.
- Simple and Compound Interest.
- Partnership Business.
- Ratio & Proportion.
- Algebra and Geometry.
- Profit and Loss.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus for English Language
- Filling blanks with appropriate verbs.
- Error recognition.
SSC CGL Statistics Syllabus – Tier 2 Statistics Syllabus
- Collection, Classification, and Presentation of Statistical Data.
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis.
- Correlation and Regression.
- Measures of Dispersion.
- Measures of Central Tendency.
- Sampling Theory.
- Probability Theory.
- Analysis of Variance.
- Index Numbers.
- Statistical Inference.
- Time Series Analysis.
- Random Variable and Probability Distributions.
CGL General Studies Syllabus – SSC CGL Tier II Finance Syllabus
- Company Law.
- Business Organization.
- Cost Accounting.
- Auditing and Income Tax.
- Business Statistics, Law.
- Indian Economics and Microeconomics.
SSC CGL Syllabus – Economics Syllabus of SSC CGL Tier 2
- Demand and Supply Analysis.
- Commodity Pricing.
- Theory of Factor Pricing.
- Types of sampling.
- Theory of Employment.
- Keynesian Theory of Employment.
- Schedule and questionnaire.
- Presentation of data.
- National Income and Accounting.
- Agricultural sector.
- The collection of data and editing of data.
- Measures of Central Tendency.
- Production Function and Laws of Returns.
Also check TNPSC Agricultural Officer Syllabus 2021 here.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL Tier 3 will be a descriptive type Pen and Paper mode examination. It will be in English/ Hindi (writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter / Application Writing etc. It will be of Total 100 marks and 60 minutes time is given for it (For VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 80 Minutes). This paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which are necessary for Government jobs. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay/ Passage of 250 words and Letter / Application Writing of approximately 150 words.
Essay Writing Topics of Tier 3 SSC CGL Syllabus
- The Seventh Pay Commission.
- Digital payments, E- Wallets.
- Unified Payment Interface.
- Women Empowerment.
- Technological Revolution.
- Sexual Harassment.
- Reservation in educational institutions.
- The right to Equality.
- The right to Information.
- The GST bill.
- Gender specific roles.
- Violence and peace.
- Reservation of women in Parliament.
- The India-Pakistan Relations.
- Kashmir issue, etc.
Application Letter topics of SSC CGL 2021 Syllabus
- Application for the post of a manager/ assistant/ clerk etc. in a company.
- Letter to accept a job opportunity/ Letter to reject a job opportunity.
- Letter to postpone the date of joining.
- A Letter to reschedule an interview due to some unavoidable reasons.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus Topics for Letter Writing
- Complaint letter regarding increasing noise pollution in your locality.
- Complaint letter regarding recent articles in a popular newspaper being based only on Bollywood stars rather than relevant and important news.
- Letter to present views on Women empowerment.
- Complaint letter mentioning the chaotic state of traffic near your locality.
- A Letter to present views on demonetization.
- Letter to present views on Education beyond classroom teaching.
- Complaint letter regarding trouble faced by common people due to demonetization.
- Letter to present views on Corruption.
- A Letter to present views on the effect of digitalization on today’s youth.
- Letter to present views on Nature and its protection.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus
The SSC CGL Tier 4 exam consists of Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Skill Test (DEST). It was conducted only for those who apply for the posts of CSS (Central Secretariat Services), Tax Assistant, Assistant Section Officer, Assitant (GSI), and Assitant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office. The detailed SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier 4 exam is as follows.
Tier 4 SSC CGL Syllabus for Computer Proficiency Test
- Word Processing – The officials will provide a printed English passage which you should type 2000 characters (key depressions) on a computer in 15 minutes without any formatting.
- Spreadsheets – A printed sheet which was created in Microsoft Excel software is provided to the candidates. Postulants should calculate the given data by using simple formulas of MS Excel like sum, multiplication, percentages, etc.
- Generation of Slides – A printed sheet showing the printout of a single slide is provided to the candidates. They should create a slide similar to that using Microsoft Powerpoint in 15 minutes.
SSC CGL Syllabus for Data Entry Skill Test
- Key depression – A printed English passage will be given to the candidates which they should type 2000 characters within 15 minutes on a computer without any formatting, i.e., Bold or Underline or Italic, etc.
The above-given SSC CGL 2021 Syllabus includes all the important topics that have to be prepared for you in order to score well in the exam. I personally advise the candidates that not to get discouraged by the vastness of SSC CGL Exam Syllabus. Because it is just a detailed format of the SSC CGL Syllabus 2021. Hope, after going through this article, all the candidates will get an idea about the Pattern and the Syllabus for SSC CGL Exam. Stay connected with our www.entranceexams.io site for more details about the syllabus of all Central Govt and State Government Jobs, Entrance Exams, PSU Jobs, etc.