- 1 SSC CHSL 2017 – Staff Selection Commission
- 1.1 What is SSC Exam?
- 1.2 www.ssc.nic.in CHSL Posts Details
- 1.3 SSC CHSL Vacancy 2017 – Staff Selection Commission Vacancies
- 1.4 Staff Selection Commission CHSL Salary Details
- 1.5 How to Get the SSC Notification?
- 1.6 SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2017 Notification
- 1.7 What is the next step after SSC Notification?
- 1.8 SSC CHSL Eligibility 2017
- 1.9 Staff Selection Commission CHSL Apply Online
- 1.10 SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam Date 2017 – ssc.nic.in
- 1.11 Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Syllabus
- 1.12 SSC CHSL Exam 2017 Pattern
- 1.13 Staff Selection Commission CHSL Previous Papers
- 1.14 Staff Selection Commission Preparation Books – SSC Books
- 1.15 SSC Preparation Tips
- 1.16 SSC CHSL Admit Card 2017 Download @ www.ssc.nic.in
- 1.17 Staff Selection Commission CHSL Exam Centers
- 1.18 SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination 2017 Answer Key
- 1.19 Staff Selection commission CHSL Cut Off Marks 2017
- 1.20 Check SSC Result – ssc.nic.in
- 1.21 SSC Staff Selection Process
Staff Selection SSC CHSL is one of the most important competitive exams in India. Staff Selection Commission is the conducting board of SSC CHSL Exam. All the candidates who want to get the government job will soon or later come to know about the Staff Selection commission Board. It has nine regional offices and two sub-regional offices. Candidates who have completed the Intermediate and are in search for Govt Jobs are eligible to apply for SSC 10+2 Exam.
The main aim of Staff Selection Commission is to conduct the competitive examinations for the number of posts in the government sector. The SSC Exam tests the ability of the individuals to work in the public sector jobs. Every year SSC conducts the exams all over the country for the applicants to provide government jobs. The nine regional offices will take the responsibility of controlling and regulating the SSC Exams. These are situated in the Mumbai, Kolkatta, New Delhi, Guwahati, Banglore, Allahabad, Chennai, Chandigarh, and Raipur.
SSC CHSL 2017 – Staff Selection Commission
|Name of the Organization||Staff Selection commission (SSC)|
|Exam Name||Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|No. of Vacancies||5134 Posts|
|Name of the Posts||SSC CHSL Posts|
|Location of Post||India|
|SSC CHSL 2017 Exam Date (Tier-II)||25th June 2017|
What is SSC Exam?
SSC stands for Staff Selection Commission. Through various SSC Exams, candidates will get into Govt Jobs. The candidates who are designated in SSC Vacancies/Jobs will indirectly serve the nation. SSC is a channel through which individuals can do something to the country and improve your strategy in the life.
The main reason lakhs of people sitting for Staff Selection commission Exam is because a large number of vacancies are filled in the public service departments in India. If you really feel to be a part of the government organization apply for the SSC Exam through online/offline with postponing.
www.ssc.nic.in CHSL Posts Details
Candidates who have successfully cleared all the selection rounds are designated to the following SSC Posts. The SSC CHSL Posts are as follows.
- Postal Assistants (PA)/Sorting Assistants
- Data Entry Operators (DEO)
- Lower Divisional Clerks (LDC)
- Court Clerk (CC)
SSC CHSL Vacancy 2017 – Staff Selection Commission Vacancies
|Staff Selection Commission Vacancy Details|
|SSC Posts Names||Vacancy Details|
|Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants||3281|
|Data Entry Operators (DEO)||1321|
|LDC (Lower Divisional Clerk)||506|
A total of 5134 SSC Vacancy is going to be filled through Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination 2017. The vacancies are distributed among the different SSC posts as follows.
Click here to get the Upcoming SSC Recruitment
Staff Selection Commission CHSL Salary Details
|SSC CHSL Salary|
|CHSL SSC Posts Names||SSC Salary|
|Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant||Rs. 5200-20200/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 2400/-|
|Data Entry Operator||Rs. 5200-20200 + GP of Rs. 2400/-|
|Data Entry Operator||Rs. 5200-20200/- +Rs. 1900/- GP|
|Lower Division clerk||Rs. 5200-20200/- + GP Rs. 1900/-|
|Court clerk||Rs. 5200-20200/- +Rs. 1900/- GP|
The SSC CHSL Salary varies for different posts. Candidates who have qualified in CHSL Tier 1 & 2 Exams are provided with the SSC Salary as provided here.
How to Get the SSC Notification?
Staff Selection Commission will balance the availability of the SSC CHSL Notification in both offline and online modes. Because the applicants of SSC are both from rural as well as urban areas. In urban areas, candidates use the technology so for those candidates, SSC has released notification through the official website. For the rural people, the officials will announce the SSC Notification on the employment newspaper.
- Employment New Paper: The employment newspaper is the best source for the students to get the job-related information/updates. All the SSC and UPSC related notifications/recruitments are published in the weekly newspaper. Candidates can find easily the Employment News Paper in the book stalls and stationary shops.
- SSC HomePage/Official site: Candidates can visit the official site www.ssc.nic.in to get the latest notifications regarding the SSC exams.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2017 Notification
Candidates who are looking for the government jobs after the completion of 10+2 are on the right page. Hurry up!!! to know the SSC CHSL Important Dates 2017. Staff Selection Commission has released SSC CHSL Notification in the month of October 2016. Most of the candidates have already applied for CHSL 2016 through SSC online. Recently all the applicants have successfully attended the exam in various centers.
Staff Selection Commission is going to announce the SSC Notification in the month of November 18th, 2017. SSC aspirants can utilize this wonderful opportunity and read the SSC CHSL Notification 2017-18 carefully. Through this article, our team has covered the complete details of SSC CHSL Notification 2017. Candidates can go through the details such as eligibility, exam dates, syllabus, model papers, ssc vacancy details, salary offered, etc.
Also, check SSC CGL Notification 2017 here
What is the next step after SSC Notification?
After the announcement of SSC CHSL Notification 2017, most of the candidates do not know what is the further process. So, we have provided the complete details on this page from the time of the release of the notification up to the appointment into SSC Posts.
Candidates have to go through the official notification to know the details such as eligibility, exam dates, syllabus, exam pattern, application form, etc. Also, note the changes that have occurred in SSC Exam.
SSC CHSL Eligibility 2017
Candidates have to fulfill the SSC Eligibility to apply for CHSL Exam 2017. The SSC CHSL Eligibility details such as nationality, age limit, educational qualification, etc are provided below.
- Candidates must be the citizen of India.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2017 – Educational Qualification
- Candidates must have completed Intermediate/10+2/12th class from any recognized university.
SSC Age Limit
The age limit for SSC CHSL is different for the candidates applying for various ssc posts. The minimum age criteria the applicants of all categories need to possess as on 01/01/2017 is as follows.
- Minimum: 18 years
- Maximum: 27 years
The upper age relaxation is applicable for the following categories.
- OBC: 3 years
- SC/ST: 5 years
- PH: 10 years
- OBC-PH: 13 years
- SC/ST-PH: 15 years
- Ex-Servicemen (Unreserved): 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen (OBC): 6 years
- Sc/St (Ex-Servicemen): 8 years
Staff Selection Commission CHSL Apply Online
The SSC Registration 2017 has successfully completed. The SSC Online Registration Part 1 2018 will be available from 18th November 2017 to 18th December 2017. Candidates who have met above eligibility conditions can start filling the SSC CHSL 2017 Application Form. Candidates must have completed the SSC One Time Registration before applying for the exam.
The SSC Online Application Form contains two parts.
- Registration Part
- Application Part
In registration part, candidates have to fill the basic information. After the completion of the SSC registration part, candidates have to note Registration Id and Password and keep them safely.
In Application Part, candidates have to make the fee payment, uploading photo & scanned signature, etc. Without filling the application part, the SSC Registration is incomplete.
How to fill SSC CHSL Application Form 2017?
- First of all, visit the official website www.ssc.nic.in
- You will redirect to the SSC homepage.
- Read the instruction booklet carefully.
- On the ssc homepage, search for “SSC CHSL Apply Online” link.
- Click on SSC CHSL Apply Online Part 1 Registration tab.
- Fill the text boxes with personal, academic details.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature.
- Check all the details once before submitting the SSC CHSL 2017 Apply Online form.
- Also, take the hard copy of the online application for further reference.
SSC Online Application Fee Details
Candidates have to pay the application fee through online/offline. The SSC registration fee for the candidates of different categories is as follows.
- For General (Male): Rs. 100/-.
- For SC/ST/Female (AllCategories)/PWD: Nil.
Through Offline (Challan of SBI Branch)
- To pay the fee through cash, candidates have to take the printout of the challan generated after the completion of the application part. Candidates have to deposit the fee within the stipulated time through SBI Branch.
Through Online (SBI Credit/Debit Card)
- Candidates who have chosen the online payment have to pay the fee through SBI credit/debit card.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam Date 2017 – ssc.nic.in
|SSC CHSL Exam Date|
|Events||SSC Exam Date|
|Notification Release Date||October 8th, 2016|
|Starting Date to fill the SSC CHSL Online Application form||8th October 2016|
|Closing Date for the submission of the SSC Online Registration||7th November 2016|
|SSC Exam Date 2017 for (10+2) Tier-I (CBT)||7th January 2017 to 8th February 2017|
|SSC CHSL Result 2017 Expected Date (Tier 1 )||April 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card for Tier 2||May 2017|
|CHSL Exam Date for Tier II||25th June 2017|
|SSC CHSL Result Date 2017 (Tier 2)||July 2017|
SSC Time Table 2017 – CHSL Exam Schedule
- Timing for 2 batches a day
- Batch I: 10 AM to 11.15 AM
- Batch II: 4.15 PM to 5.30 PM
- Timing for 3 Batches/day
- 1st Batch: 10 AM to 11.15 AM
- 2nd Batch: 1.15 PM to 2.30 PM
- 3rd Batch: 4.15 PM to 5.30 PM
The SSC CHSL 2017 Exam is conducted in two or three batches a day.
Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Syllabus
The SSC Syllabus 2017 pdf is different for the Tier-I, II & III. So, candidates must have clear knowledge regarding the SSC Exam Syllabus to start your preparation for the exam. We have provided the Syllabus of SSC CHSL Tier 1, 2, 3 through the below sections. Before starting your preparation, go through SSC 10+2 Syllabus for the reference purpose.
Tier 1 SSC Syllabus
- General Intelligence (Verbal/Non-Verbal)
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude (Arithmetic)
- General Awareness
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Tier II
- Tier 2 paper includes writing an essay of 200-250 words and letter/Application writing of 150-200 words.
This test is conducted to check the writing skills of the candidates which are necessary for Government Jobs. The performance in Tier 2 is considered while preparing the merit list. The minimum qualifying mark for tier 2 is 33 percent.
Tier 3 SSC Syllabus 2017
- Candidates will be given a printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions.
- Aspirants need to enter the same on the computer in the period of 15 minutes.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 exam is conducted to check the skill test/typing test. It is of qualifying in nature.
SSC CHSL Exam 2017 Pattern
|SSC Exam||Mode of Exam|
|SSC CHSL Tier-I||Computer Based Written Examination|
|CHSL Tier-II||Descriptive Paper (Pen and Paper Based Mode)|
|SSC Tier-III||Typing Test/Skill Test|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern is as follows. Staff Selection Commission CHSL Exam consists of three tiers. Tier 1, tier 2 & tier 3.
Tier 1 CHSL SSC Exam Pattern
|Part||Subject Name||No. of Questions||No. of Marks||Duration|
|I||General Intelligence||25||50||75 Minutes|
|II||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
- The exam is the computer based (online) test.
- CHSL Tier 1 Exam consists of objective type questions.
- The exam paper is in both English & Hindi language for Part-I, II, IV.
- There is negative marking of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer.
Note: For VH/OH candidates, the duration of the SSC CHSL Exam is 100 minutes.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2017 for Tier 2
- The CHSL Tier 2 Exam is of pen and paper based (offline) mode.
- SSC Exam Paper consists of descriptive type questions.
- Tier 2 exam is for 100 Marks.
- The duration of the ssc exam is one hour.
- Candidates can write the essay/letter/application in English or Hindi.
Note: For VH/OH candidates, the duration of the exam is 1 hour 20 minutes.
CHSL Exam Pattern Tier III
- Skill Test for Data Entry Operator
- Data entry speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on the computer.
- Candidates have to type the matter in English language only.
- The duration of the exam is 15 minutes.
Note: For VH/OH candidates, the duration of the tier 3 Exam is 35 minutes.
- Typing Test for PA/SA, LDCs, Court Clerk
- It is conducted in English or Hindi.
- The duration of the typing test is 10 minutes.
Candidates opting English medium should have the typing speed of 35 words per minute. The typing speed must be 30 words per minute for those candidates who have opted Hindi medium.
Note: The duration of the exam is 30 minutes for VH/OH candidates.
Staff Selection Commission CHSL Previous Papers
Candidates who have applied for SSC Postal Assistant, LDC, DEO, Court Clerk can download the SSC CHSL Previous Papers. A huge number of people are applying for SSC Jobs resulting the increase in the competition day by day. So, aspirants must be clear about the CHSL Syllabus & Exam Pattern before starting the exam preparation.
Candidates can make your preparation easy and effective by downloading the SSC Question Paper. We have provided the free download link of SSC Previous Papers for the convenience of the candidates. Make utilize of these SSC CHSL Question Paper with Answer Key in your better preparation for the ssc online exam.
Staff Selection Commission Preparation Books – SSC Books
|SSC CHSL Books|
|Reasoning||General Intelligence||RS Agarwal|
|Maths||Quantitative Aptitude||RS Agarwal|
|Quicker Maths||M Tyra|
|GK/General Awareness||Manorama Year Book||–|
|English||Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English||Arihant|
SSC Preparation Tips
Candidates who are willing to start your preparation for Staff Selection Commission Exams can follow the guidelines provided below.
- Take advice from the right person.
- Don’t over-exert yourself, take the adequate breaks during the preparation time.
- Make sure that you have to take ample rest and care of your diet.
SSC CHSL Preparation Strategy
- Know the syllabus and plan for SSC Time Table according to the syllabus.
- Solve the SSC CHSL Previous Papers with Solutions.
- Also, take SSC Mock Tests.
- Don’t waste your valuable time.
- Carry all the documents required on the date of the exam.
SSC CHSL Admit Card 2017 Download @ www.ssc.nic.in
To appear for the combined higher secondary level (10+2) exam, SSC CHSL Admit Card is compulsory for the applicants. The SSC Admit Cards are available for those candidates who have successfully completed the registration process.
Candidates have to enter the login details through online for SSC CHSL Hall ticket download 2017. After completion of downloading the SSC Admit Card 2017, check all the details printed on it. In case, if any of them found mistakes on the CHSL Admit Card urge the officials to clear the mistakes on the hall ticket.
Details in CHSL Admit Card 2017
- Candidate’s Name
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Exam Center
- Address of the exam center
Aspirants have to carry any of the Identity proof along with the SSC 10+2 Admit Card at the time of appearing for the CHSL 2017 Exam. Also, carry three passport size photographs on the date of the exam.
Staff Selection Commission CHSL Exam Centers
|SSC CHSL Exam Centers|
|Exam Center||Center Code||Exam Center||Center Code||Exam Center||Center code|
SSC Combined higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination Centers
Candidates have to choose any of the 3 exam centers at the time of filling the SSC CHSL Application form. The officials will allow the seats to the applicants on the basis of the First-In First-Serve Basis. No request for the changes in the CHSL Examination Center is permitted once allotted.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination 2017 Answer Key
The Staff Selection Commission will release the SSC CHSL Answer Key 2017 set wise and shift wise separately. The set wise and shift wise SSC CHSL Question paper with answer key are available through ssc online. Candidates have to enter the roll number and date of birth to download your SSC CHSL Question Paper.
With the help of the SSC Answer Key, crosscheck the ssc chsl question paper 2017 to know the marks in the exam. After the completion of the tallying the score through the SSC CHSL Answer Key, refer the ssc chsl Expected Cut Off 2017 to clarify whether you will qualify or not. Remember that, it is not the final SSC CHSL Result 2017. Wait patiently till the official announcement of SSC CHSL Result 2016-17.
Staff Selection commission CHSL Cut Off Marks 2017
The SSC CHSL Cut Off is calculated on the basis of several factors.
- Mode of the exam (online/offline).
- Changed SSC Exam Pattern
- Previous Year’s SSC Cut Off
- Number of vacancies available this year
Tier 1 SSC Cut Off 2017
|SSC CHSL 2017 Cut Off|
|Category||SSC Expected Cut Off 2017|
The SSC Cut off is the minimum marks candidates have to score to qualify the Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam. Here we have provided the previous years cut off marks for the convenience of the candidates to check whether you have qualified or not.
SSC CHSL Previous Year Cut Off Marks
|Category||DEO||LDC||SSC Postal Assistant|
Categorywise SSC CHSL Cut Off 2015-11 for DEO, LDC, PA/SA
|LDC, DEO, PA/SA||LDC, DEO, PA/SA||LDC||DEO||LDC||DEO||LDC||DEO|
Check SSC Result – ssc.nic.in
The officials of Staff Selection commission will release SSC CHSL Result through online. Candidates have to get ready with the SSc Admit Card CHSL 2017 to check the SSC Result 2017. Aspirants have to enter the login details to check the SSC CHSL 2017 Result.
Candidates can also know the SSC Result region wise through online. A merit list is prepared by the officials based on the score obtained in the exam. The final merit list is prepared on the basis of the performance in tier 1 and tier 2.
Check SSC CGL Result 2017
SSC Staff Selection Process
Candidates who have cleared the computer based written exam and descriptive exam are shortlisted for the Tier III Exam. Aspirants qualified in the skill test/typing test are selected on the basis of the performance in Tier 1 & 2. Candidates are allotted to the respective departments on the basis of the merit list and the options chosen by them at the time SSC CHSL Apply Online.
SSC CHSL Selection Process
- Tier I (Computer Based Test) – Objective Type
- SSC Tier II (Pen & Paper Based) – Descriptive Type
- Tier III (Skill Test/Typing Test)
Finally, the merit list is prepared on the basis of the performance in tier 1, 2 & 3.
Staff Selection Commission SSC CHSL 2018
|SSC Exam Date|
|Events||SSC CHSL Exam Date 2017|
|SSC Notification Release Date||18th November 2017|
|Starting Date for SSC CHSL Apply Online 2017||November 18th, 2017|
|Last Date for the submission of SSC Online Application Form 2017||18th December 2017|
|SSC 2017 Exam Date (CHSL Tier 1)||20th March to 20th April 2018|
|SSC CHSL 2017 Exam Date (Tier 2)||24th June 2018|
The information provided on this page regarding SSC CHSL 2017 Exam is for the reference purpose only. We will also provide the further details soon after the official announcement. So, we advise the candidates to stay connected to this page. Also, refer the official website for any further details of Staff Selection Commission.