- 1 TANCET 2020 Overview
- 1.1 TANCET MBA 2020 Notification
- 1.2 TANCET Exam 2020 Eligibility
- 1.3 TANCET 2020 Application form for MBA/MCA/M.Tech/M.Pharm
- 1.4 Anna University TANCET 2020 Exam Dates – www.tancet.annauniv.edu
- 1.5 TANCET 2020 Exam Centers
- 1.6 Anna University MBA Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
- 1.7 TANCET 2020 Anna University Exam Pattern
- 1.8 Tamilnadu TANCET Previous Papers
- 1.9 www.tancet.annauniv.edu-Download TANCET Admit Card 2020
- 1.10 Download TANCET Answer Key 2020
- 1.11 TANCET 2020 Cut Off Marks
- 1.12 Anna University TANCET Result 2020
- 1.13 TANCET 2020 Merit List
- 1.14 Download TANCET Rank Card 2020
- 1.15 TANCET Counselling 2020 – Anna University Admission 2020
- 1.16 Tamil Nadu TANCET Seat Allotment
- 1.17 MBA TANCET 2020 Participating Colleges
- 1.18 Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test Contact Details 2020
- 1.19 TANCET 2020 Important Download Links
TANCET stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. Tamil Nadu CET is the state level exam organized by the Anna University, Chennai. This is the gateway for the candidates who want to get the admissions into the postgraduate programs in various colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Through the Tamilnadu CET Exam, the university will provide the admissions into MBA/MCA, M.E/M.Tech, M.Plan, M.Arch, etc courses. The various private/government colleges in the state of Tamilnadu offer management, architecture, engineering & technology, planning, etc.
TANCET 2020 Overview
|Name of the Conducting Body||Anna University, Chennai|
|Exam Name||Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test|
|Exam level||State level|
|Exam Mode||Pen & Paper Based|
|Exam Duration||120 Minutes (2 Hrs)|
|Number and Type of Questions||120 multiple Choice Type Questions (MCQ)|
|Courses Offered through TANCET||MBA, MCA, M.E, M.Tech, M.Plan and M.Arch|
|TANCET Notification release||May 2020|
|TANCET Exam Date||
MCA – June 22nd 2020
MBA – June 22nd 2020
M.E. /M.Tech. /M.Arch. / M.Plan. – June 23rd 2020
TANCET is a state level Exam through which the colleges in Tamil Nadu give admissions to do masters in various courses. Candidates who have qualified in Anna University Entrance Exam 2020 will get admissions for various PG Courses. The following are the Post Graduate courses offered by Anna University.
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications)
- M.Tech (Master of Technology)
- M.Arch (Master of Architecture)
- M.Plan (Master of Planning)
- M.E (Master of Engineering)
TANCET MBA 2020 Notification
Anna University, Chennai has released the TANCET 2020 Notification in the month of January. Candidates who are willing to apply for the Tamil Nadu CET Exam have to check the eligibility criteria and then fill the online application before the last date.
Through TN CET Exam, the anna university will provide the admissions in the field of engineering & technology, management, pharmacy & planning courses in different colleges of Tamilnadu. The TANCET Exam 2020 details such as anna university online application, exam dates, eligibility, admit card, result, rank card, counselling, etc can appear in the below sections.
TANCET Exam 2020 Eligibility
Candidates have to ensure the eligibility conditions provided below before filling the tancet Application Form 2020.
The academic qualification varies for each course. So, all the applicants have to check the eligibility carefully before applying for the exam.
- Candidates should have passed three years Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks for general & 45% marks for reserved candidates.
- Aspirants have to pass the bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years with Mathematics at 10+2 or graduate level.
MCA (Lateral Entry):
- Contenders who have completed Bachelor’s degree minimum 3 years in B.C.A, B.Sc (CS/IT) with Mathematics at 10+2 or graduate level.
- Applicants have to secure at least 50% whereas 45% for reserved candidates.
- Applicants who have completed bachelor’s degree or equivalent obtaining minimum 50% marks.
- SC/ST Candidates have to secure at least 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
- GATE Score is also valid for the admissions into these programs.
TANCET 2020 Application form for MBA/MCA/M.Tech/M.Pharm
The tancet 2020 online application form will be available on the official site from January 2020. Candidates have to submit the application form through online mode only. No need to send the printout of the online application through offline. But, candidates can take the hard copy of the application for future reference.
How to fill Tamil Nadu CET 2020 Online Registration
- Fill all the details
- Fee Payment.
- Confirmation Page.
- Take print out of application form.
Tancet 2020 Apply Online-Registration Fee
The application fee for the candidates of different categories is as follows.
- For general candidates: Rs. 500/- for any one programme
- For SC/ST aspirants: Rs. 250/- per one programme.
In case, candidates who are applying for more than one programmes have to pay a fee of Rs. 500/- for each additional programme. SC/ST candidates have to pay Rs. 250/- per each additional programme.
Anna University TANCET 2020 Exam Dates – www.tancet.annauniv.edu
|TANCET 2020 Registration Starting Date||May 8th 2020|
|Last Date to fill the Online Application||May 25th 2020|
|Admit Card Download Date||First week of June 2020|
|Anna University Entrance Exam Date||
MCA – June 22nd 2020
MBA – June 22nd 2020
M.E. /M.Tech. /M.Arch. / M.Plan. – June 23rd 2020
|Result Declaration Date||July 5th 2020 (tentative)|
|Counselling Dates||July 8th 2020 (tentative)|
The Dates prescribed above are Tentative. we will update the Exact Dates after the Official declaration.
TANCET 2020 Exam Centers
The Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test is conducted in various centers of TN as follows.
Anna University MBA Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
The TANCET Syllabus is different for different courses. Candidates have to download the tancet 2020 Syllabus through online before preparing for the exam. First of all, buy the preferred TANCET 2020 Books
after knowing the syllabus of the exam. Candidates advised going through the tancet exam syllabus once before starting your preparation.
TANCET 2020 Anna University Exam Pattern
Candidates can have a look at the TANCET Exam Pattern 2020 in this section. By this, the aspirants came to know the complete exam pattern of Tamil Nadu CET without any confusion.
- The medium of the exam is in the English language.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- For each correct response, 1 mark is given.
- There are 100 questions asked in the exam paper.
- The exam comprises of three sections. Part-I, II & III.
- Part-I & II are compulsory and common for all the disciplines.
- Part-III is held in 23 disciplines.
- The exam is offline (pen & paper based) mode.
- The exam paper consists of objective type questions.
- 1/3 of the mark is deducted for the incorrect answers.
- The MBA and MCA entrance exam is conducted on the same date but at different times.
- M.E/M.Tech/M.Plan/M.Arch Entrance Exam is held on the different dates.
Tamil Nadu CET 2020 Exam Pattern
|Course Name||Subject Name||No. of Questions||No. of Marks|
Tamilnadu TANCET Previous Papers
As all, we know the quotation that “Practice makes the Man Perfect”. So, candidates have to put the learning into the practice with the help of Tamil Nadu CET Exam Model Papers. By keep on practicing, candidates can get the clear idea of the kind of the questions asked in the exam, stressed topics, time managing, etc. With these minimum details, candidates can easily reach the success in the exam.
www.tancet.annauniv.edu-Download TANCET Admit Card 2020
Candidates can download the TANCET Admit Card through online few days before the Exam. The hall ticket is mandatory to appear for the entrance exam and the counselling process. If candidates have lost the hall ticket after or before the entrance exam, they can get a duplicate hall ticket by paying of Rs. 100/- in the form of DD towards the following address.
The Secretary, TANCET,
anna University, Chennai-600025.
Download TANCET Answer Key 2020
Candidates have to download the Anna University TAN CET 2020 Answer Key by entering roll no. & DOB. After downloading, crosscheck the answer paper with the exam key to analyze the performance in the exam. Aspirants have to wait patiently until the declaration of result by the board officials.
TANCET 2020 Cut Off Marks
Anna University, Chennai will decide the cut off marks for the different courses on the basis of the several factors. The cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks the candidates have to score to get qualify in the exam. So that, aspirants who have qualified the exam will get the admissions into the desired courses.
- No. of Applicants
- Seat Intake
MBA TANCET 2020 Expected Cut Off
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
Anna University TANCET Result 2020
The TAN CET Exam Result 2020 is declared in the month of July 5th 2020. Candidates can check the TN CET Exam result through the official portal. The University Officials release the Expected Answer Key within few days after the completion of Exam. The Official Answer key will be available after the announcement tancet 2020 results.
TANCET 2020 Merit List
The conducting body will prepare three separate merit lists to provide the admissions through Tamil Nadu CET 2020. The merit list is for the GATE 2020 qualifiers, Tamil Nadu CET 2020 qualified candidates & sponsored category candidates.
- GATE 2020 Categorywise Merit: GATE Score 2020 is taken into account for preparing the merit list for Engg./Technology. The merit list is prepared for the Engg. Science & Life Science on the basis of the following.
- GATE Score 2020 Engineering Science (XS) and Life Science (XL) papers
- Tamil Nadu CET 2020 Score weightage
- TANCET 2020 Categorywise Merit List: The separate merit list is prepared based on the marks obtained in the CET Exam Tamil Nadu 2020.
- Sponsored Category wise Merit List: The merit/rank list is prepared on the basis of the Tamil Nadu CET Exam 2020. Candidates will get the admissions into the University Departments of Anna University, Chennai.
Download TANCET Rank Card 2020
The Officials assign Rank to the candidates on the basis of the marks in the exam. So, all the candidates have to download the TAN CET Rank Card 2020 to appear for Counselling. The normalization obtains as per the following formula. This equation gives the corresponding rank of the candidates in any discipline.
- Raw Score: The marks obtained by the candidates in Part-1 + Part-2 + Part-3 in Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test 2020.
- Normalised Score: The mean marks of the raw scores for the different disciplines may vary.
Normalised Marks= 40+ (10/s)(r-m)
where m is Mean Mark
s is the standard deviation of the Raw Marks which is deviated by r
TANCET Counselling 2020 – Anna University Admission 2020
The Counselling process is different for different courses. The Counselling for the M.Tech/M.Arch programs are through Tamilnadu Common Admissions (TANCA) 2020. Candidates have to register separately for counselling. The admissions are provided through two ways.
- One for the GATE qualified candidates.
- Other for TANCET qualified aspirants.
The officials will call the candidates to the admission process on the basis of the rank list. Candidates will get the admissions into the desired courses on the basis of the rank/score in the exam. The Tamil Nadu CET 2020 Counselling will start from June 2020.
Tamil Nadu CET 2020 Counselling Process
- Verification of the documents.
- Seat Allotment
- Confirmation of the Admission Process.
TANCET 2020 Counselling Fee for MBA/MCA/M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan
- Counselling fee is Rs. 5, 300/- for general whereas Rs. 1, 150 for SC/ST/SCA candidates belonging to TN.
- The Counselling fee includes the non-refundable fee of Rs. 300/-.
- The fee can be paid through the cash or DD in favor of ” The Secretary, TANCA, Anna University” payable at Chennai.
- The MCA/MBA seats are provided on the basis of the merit list of the candidates.
TANCA (M.E/M.Tech/M.Plan/M.Arch) Counselling
- The admissions into various courses such as Engineering & Technology, Architecture courses are provided through TANCA.
- Candidates should have completed Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates). Also, candidates have to possess any of following to get the admissions into the above courses.
- TANCET 2020 Score Card
- GATE 2020 Score Card in any discipline from Engg./Technology.
- GATE Score Card 2020 in XE and XL along with TANCET 2020 Score.
Tamil Nadu TANCET Seat Allotment
There are expected to be 18,000, 17,000 & 20,000 seats available for the admissions into MBA, MCA & Engineering courses. A total of 69% seats for SC/ST/SCA candidates whereas 31% for open category candidates i.e, candidates from other states.
|Category||% Allocation of seats|
|Backwards Class (Minority)||3.50%|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20%|
MBA TANCET 2020 Participating Colleges
The MBA colleges accepting the Tamil Nadu CET 2020 Score are as follows.
|Tamil Nadu CET 2020 Participating Colleges for MBA|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||Galaxy Institute of Management, Chennai|
|Thiagarajar School of Management, Thirupparankundram||Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore|
|St. Joseph College of Engineering, Kancheepuram||Nehru College of Management (NCM Coimbatore)|
|Velammal Engineering College, Chennai||Sri Sai Ram Institute of Management Studies, Chennai|
|Sona School of Management, Salem||Kongu Engineering College, Erode|
|Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam||MEPCO Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International School of Textile Management, Coimbattore||Erode Builder Educational Trust’s Group of Institutions, Kangayam|
|Sri Sairam Engg. College, Chennai||Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Chennai|
|Sri Krishna Institute of Management Centre for Excellence in Management Education, Coimbatore||PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul|
|Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology, Coimbatore||Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women University, Coimbatore|
|MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai||SSN School of Management and Computer Application, Kalavakkam|
|KCT Business School (KCTBS)||Francis Xavier Engineering College (FXEC)|
|Easwari Engineering College (EEC), Chennai||JJ College of Engineering and Technology, Tiruchirappalli|
|GRG School of Management Studies, Coimbatore||Vinayaka Mission’s Kirupananda Variyar Engineering College, Salem|
|Guruvayurappan Institute of Management, Navakkarai||KS Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode|
|RVS College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul||KV Institute of Management and Information Studies, Coimbatore|
Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test Contact Details 2020
TANCET Centre for Entrance Examinations
Chennai – 600 025.
The details on this article are for the guidance purpose of the candidates who are searching all the websites. So, candidates can get the complete details of Tamil Nadu CET 2020 Exam on this page. Also, we will update the details as soon as possible. Therefore, refer our site entranceexams.io frequently for all latest updates.
Candidates can get the complete details of Tamil Nadu CET Exam 2020 through this article. Go through this page, don’t miss a single word. Also, refer the official site for any further details of Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test 2020. Also, gathered the contact information of the exam authority for your convenience i.e, in the case of any queries. Meanwhile, we suggest the candidates Bookmark our site to know all the Latest Updates regarding All India State & National Level Entrance Exams 2020-21.
TANCET 2020 Important Download Links
|TAN CET Application form 2020||Tamil Nadu CET Syllabus 2020||TAN CET Previous Papers|
|TN CET Exam Answer Key 2020||Tamilnadu CET Exam Result 2020||TAN CET Score Card 2020|
|TAN CET 2020 Counselling||Tami Nadu CET Exam 2020 Official Notification|
Official Website : www.annauniv.edu